Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Research article by Kyle J. Norton
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
The licorice plant is a legume and native to southern Europe and parts of Asia. It has been used in treating women with endometriosis because of its isoflavones property.
1. Hormone balancing
Since it contains (Glabridin) isoflavones, it helps to regulate the estrogen and progesterone hormones by blocking the enzyme that breaks down progesterone. Because of its phytoestrogenic activity(479), it can also raise or lower the levels of estrogen(480) in the women body which is essential for women with endometriosis. Its Puerarin, may have the potential to treat endometriosis through suppression of the tissue invasion by endometriotic stromal cells (ESCs)(481).
2. Menstrual pain
Since licorice also helps in protein and fat metabolism by secreting the steroid hormones known to stimulate the production of androgen testosterone, it helps to balance the over-production of some members in the prostaglandins hormone that cause menstrual pain(482).
3. Nervous system(483)(484)
Licorice contains substances similar to adrenal cortical hormone which helps to increase function of adrenal glands. This helps to reduce tension of nervous system during distress(485).
4. Licorice and Immune system(486)
Licorice is also a powerful herb that has been proclaimed to help the liver in protein and fat metabolism resulting in enhancing the immune system(487) in fighting against forming of free radicals(488)(487) and endometrial implants and adhesion(488)(489).
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple WaySuper foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(479) Phytochemistry and biological properties of glabridin by Simmler C1, Pauli GF, Chen SN.(PubMed)
(480) Dietary intake of isoflavones and breast cancer risk by estrogen andprogesterone receptor status by Zhang M1, Yang H, Holman CD.(PubMed)
(481) Puerarin suppresses invasion and vascularization of endometriosis tissue stimulated by 17β-estradiol by Wang D1, Liu Y, Han J, Zai D, Ji M, Cheng W, Xu L, Yang L, He M, Ni J, Cai Z, Yu C.(PubMed)
(482) A novel anti-dysmenorrhea therapy with cyclic administration of two Japanese herbal medicines.by Tanaka T.(PubMed)
(483) Licorice-associated reversible cerebral vasoconstriction with PRES by Chatterjee N1, Domoto-Reilly K, Fecci PE, Schwamm LH, Singhal AB.(PubMed)
(484) An in vitro study of neuroprotective properties of traditional Chinese herbal medicines thought to promote healthy ageing and longevity by Shen B, Truong J, Helliwell R, Govindaraghavan S, Sucher NJ1.(PubMed)
(485) gional differences in acute corticosterone-induced dendritic remodeling in the rat brain and their behavioral consequences by Kim H, Yi JH, Choi K, Hong S, Shin KS1, Kang SJ.(PubMed)
(486) Immunity: plants as effective mediators by Sultan MT1, Butt MS, Qayyum MM, Suleria HA.(PubMed)
(487) Glycyrrhizin ameliorates insulin resistance, hyperglycemia, dyslipidemia and oxidative stress in fructose-induced metabolic syndrome-X in rat model by Sil R1, Ray D, Chakraborti AS.(PubMed)
(488) Functionalized graphene quantum dots loaded with free radicals combined with liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry to screen radical-scavenging natural antioxidants from Licorice and Scutellariae by Wang G1, Niu X, Shi G, Chen X, Yao R, Chen F.(PubMed)
(489) Anti-inflammatory effects of 81 chinese herb extracts and their correlation with the characteristics of traditional chinese medicine by Chen CL, Zhang DD.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne