Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Research article by Kyle J. Norton
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Blue cohosh (Caulophyllum thalictroides)containing high amount of Saponins, is a species of Caulophyllum and family of Berberidaceae. It is a medium-tall perennial with blue berry-like fruits and bluish-green foliage. It has been used by herbalists in relieving menstrual cramps in traditional medicine.
1. Reduce menstrual cramps
Blue cohosh is said to contain elements that help in protein and fat metabolism which helps to regulate the production of prostaglandins hormone during the menstrual cycle(456). Over-production of certain hormones of the prostaglandins family causes over-reaction of uterine muscles resulting in abdominal pains.
2. Hormone balancing
It is said that blue cohosh has a property in balancing the estrogen levels(458) by occupying the estrogen receptor sites, thereby it helps to lower levels of estrogen and reduces effects of estrogen dominance that increases the risks of cancer and abnormal cell growth(459)
3. Increase blood flow(460)
Blue cohosh is said to help bring blood to the abdomen and increases the circulation of blood resulting in easing pain caused by blood stagnation during menstrual period.
4. Nervous system(457)
Blue cohosh is an antispamsmodic that helps to ease tension of nervous system(458)(459) resulting in reducing symptoms of endometriosis during menstrual cycle.
Blue cohosh contains phytoestrogen which helps to reduce the levels of bad estrogen that causes menstrual cramps.
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple WaySuper foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(456) Alkaloids and saponins from blue cohosh by Ali Z1, Khan IA.(PubMed)
(457) Saponins in the genus Panax L. (Araliaceae): a systematic review of their chemical diversity.by Yang WZ1, Hu Y2, Wu WY1, Ye M3, Guo DA4.(PubMed)
(458) Anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effect of a phytoestrogencompound on rat microgliaby Marotta F1, Mao GS, Liu T, Chui DH, Lorenzetti A, Xiao Y, Marandola P.(PubMed)
(459) Isoflavones: Chemistry, Analysis, Functions and Effects on Health and Cancer.by Ko KP.(PubMed)
(460) Dietary intake of phytoestrogen is associated with increased circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patients with cardiovascular disease by Chan YH1, Lam TH, Lau KK, Yiu KH, Siu CW, Li SW, Chan HT, Tam S, Lau CP, Tse HF.(PubMed)
Posted by kyle J. Nort
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne