Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Research article by Kyle J. Norton
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Peony are Chinese herbs that include white and red peony. While red peony is made by the whole peony root with its reddish thick outer bark, the white peony is made by the peeled root with the bark stripped off to reveal a powdery white to pink under-layer. It is said to help in strengthen the liver function(491)(492),in regulation of blood flow(493), and reducetion of menstrual cramps(494).
1. Reduce menstrual cramps
White peony reduces the period pain(494) through reduction the internal heat in the upper part of the body caused by Qi stagnation. By releasing the flow of the qi it also reduces the abdominal pain(491). Red peony helps to treat blood stagnation by increasing the blood flow to the abdomen(491).
2. Hormonal balancing
Since white peony helps to strengthen the liver qi(493)(494), it increases the secretion of bile into the digestive system that helps to inhibit the levels of bad estrogen(497) in the body which causes menstrual cramps and cell abnormality, such as cancer(498), endometrial implants, and adhesion(499)(500)(501).
3. Relaxing uterine muscle
With a strong liver, it helps to balance the prostaglandins hormones(496) by balancing the fatty acids in our body. Without the over-production of certain hormones in the prostaglandins family, there are no overactive uterine muscles(496) and menstrual cramps(494).
4. Immune system(490)(493)
Peony contains paeonin and paeoniflorin which help to strengthen the immune system in fighting against inflammation(495) that causes the endometrial implants and adhesion.
5. Nervous system(502)
By increasing the liver function(492) by stabilize the yin qi in the liver it helps the liver in protein and fat metabolism resulting in increasing the function of the nervous system thus reducing symptoms of dizziness, fatigue, irritation, memory loss, etc.(502)(503) in patient with or without endometriosis.
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple Way
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(490) Characterization of the anti-influenza activity of the Chinese herbal plantPaeonia lactiflora by Ho JY1, Chang HW2, Lin CF3, Liu CJ4, Hsieh CF5, Horng JT6.(PubMed)
(491) A standardized extract from Paeonia lactiflora and Astragalus membranaceus induces apoptosis and inhibits the proliferation, migration and invasion of human hepatoma cell lines by Wu JJ1, Sun WY, Hu SS, Zhang S, Wei W.(PubMed)
(492) reliminary phytochemical, acute oral toxicity and antihepatotoxic study of roots of Paeonia officinalis Linn.by Ahmad F1, Tabassum N.(PubMed)
(493) [Hematopoietic effect of siwu decoction in the mice with blood deficiency induced by compound method of bleeding, starved feeding and exhausting].[Article in Chinese] by Tan W1, Song CS, Tan HL, Liu LL, Ma ZC, Wang YG, Gao Y.(PubMed)
(494) he traditional Chinese medicine prescription pattern of patients with primary dysmenorrhea in Taiwan: a large-scale cross sectional survey by Pan JC1, Tsai YT1, Lai JN2, Fang RC3, Yeh CH4.(PubMed)
(495) Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects of paeonia lactiflora pall., a traditional chinese herbal medicine by He DY1, Dai SM.(PubMed)
(496) Two-step inhibitory effect of kanzo on oxytocin-induced and prostaglandin F2α-induced uterine myometrial contractions by Sumi G1, Yasuda K, Kanamori C, Kajimoto M, Nishigaki A, Tsuzuki T, Cho H, Okada H, Kanzaki H.(PubMed)
(497) Bile acid receptor agonist GW4064 regulates PPARγ coactivator-1α expression through estrogen receptor-related receptor α. by Dwivedi SK1, Singh N, Kumari R, Mishra JS, Tripathi S, Banerjee P, Shah P, Kukshal V, Tyagi AM, Gaikwad AN, Chaturvedi RK, Mishra DP, Trivedi AK, Sanyal S, Chattopadhyay N, Ramachandran R, Siddiqi MI, Bandyopadhyay A, Arora A, Lundåsen T, Anakk SP, Moore DD, Sanyal S.(PubMed)
(498) Glyphosate induces human breast cancer cells growth via estrogenreceptors by Thongprakaisang S1, Thiantanawat A, Rangkadilok N, Suriyo T, Satayavivad J.(PubMed)
(499) The elusive and controversial roles of estrogen and progesterone receptors in human endometriosis by Shao R1, Cao S2, Wang X3, Feng Y4, Billig H1.(PubMed)
(500) [Expression of estrogen and progesterone receptor subtypes in human endometrial carcinoma tissues].[Article in Chinese by Liao QP1, Wu C, Zheng H, Yu L.(PubMed)
(501) Changes in expression of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in relation to progesterone receptor and pS2 status in normal and malignant endometrium by Saegusa M1, Okayasu I.(PubMed)
(502) [Advance in studies on effect of paeoniflorin on nervous system].[Article in Chinese] by Hu ZY1, Xu L, Yan R, Huang Y, Liu G, Zhou WX, Zhang YX.(PubMed)
(503) Neuroprotective effect of paeoniflorin on cerebral ischemic rat by activating adenosine A1 receptor in a manner different from its classical agonists.by Liu DZ1, Xie KQ, Ji XQ, Ye Y, Jiang CL, Zhu XZ.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne