Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Research article by Kyle J. Norton
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Zingiber officinale or ginger is a spice used for cooking and also consumed whole as a delicacy or medicine in Asia over thousands of years. It contains a variety of vitamins and minerals essential in treating endometriosis.
Ginger contains gingerol which helps to increase the motility of the gastrointestinal tract(505) thereby decreasing the risk of constipation(505) caused by endometrial implants or adhesion attached to organs of secretion. (Please avoid using synthetic laxatives, as these may cause lazy bowl syndrome) It also is a sedative(507) for relieving menstrual pain(505).
2. Menstrual cramp(504)
Besides containing gingerol which is effective in fighting off any infection and inflammation caused by virus and bacteria, it also contains many powerful antioxidants(509) such as zinc that helps in fatty acids metabolism thereby balancing the levels of fatty acids in the body and reducing the risk of over-production of certain prostaglandins family(512) leading to menstrual cramps(505).
3. Heavy blood flow(513)
Women with endometriosis associated with heavy blood flow(513) during menstruation caused by breaking off of the capillaries wall in the abdominal region may be helpful with intake of ginger, because it contains high levels of vitamin C that is necessary to make the capillary wall(514) strong and more elastic, thus reducing blood flow.
4. Vitamin B complex
Vitamin B complex presented in the ginger not only reduces the risk of inflammation(505)(515) that causes endometrial implants and adhesion, but also helps to balance the hormones produced by the thyroid and adrenal glands which control the mood swing, anxiety and other nervous symptoms for women with endometriosis during menstrual cycle(508)(510).
5. Hormone balancing
The existence of magnesium in ginger, besides helping in essential fatty metabolism in fighting against inflammation(505), it also helps to reduce menstrual cramps by producing the good prostaglandins(512) that bind the over-production of bad prostaglandins hormones(512) produced by the body thus calming the uterine muscles(511).
6. Nervous system(504)
Ginger improves the transmit information between cells that reduces the risk of nervous symptom(505) such as depression, anxiety, irritation, confuse and loss of memory(508)(510).
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple WaySuper foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(504) Ginger-derived phenolic substances with cancer preventive and therapeutic potential by Kundu JK1, Na HK, Surh YJ.(PubMed)
(505) Update on the chemopreventive effects of ginger and its phytochemicals by Baliga MS1, Haniadka R, Pereira MM, D'Souza JJ, Pallaty PL, Bhat HP, Popuri S.(PubMed)
(506) Anti-neuroinflammatory capacity of fresh ginger is attributed mainly to 10-gingerol by Ho SC1, Chang KS, Lin CC.(PubMed)
(507) Omega-3 fatty acids and ginger in maternal health: pharmacology, efficacy, and safety by Dennehy C.(PubMed)
(508) Effects of zingerone [4-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-butanone] and eugenol [2-methoxy-4-(2-propenyl)phenol] on the pathological progress in the 6-hydroxydopamine-induced Parkinson's disease mouse modelby Kabuto H1, Yamanushi TT.(PubMed)
(509) Zingerone [4-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-butanone] prevents 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopamine depression in mouse striatum and increases superoxide scavenging activity in serumby Kabuto H1, Nishizawa M, Tada M, Higashio C, Shishibori T, Kohno M.(PubMed)
(510) Eugenol [2-methoxy-4-(2-propenyl)phenol] prevents 6-hydroxydopamine-induced dopamine depression and lipid peroxidation inductivity in mouse striatumby Kabuto H1, Tada M, Kohno M.(PubMed)
(511) Inhibitory effects of ginger oil on spontaneous and PGF2alpha-induced contraction of rat myometrium by Buddhakala N1, Talubmook C, Sriyotha P, Wray S, Kupittayanant S. (PubMed)
(512) Anti-inflammatory effects of the Zingiber officinale roscoe constituent 12-dehydrogingerdione in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated Raw 264.7 cells by Han YA1, Song CW, Koh WS, Yon GH, Kim YS, Ryu SY, Kwon HJ, Lee KH.(PubMed)
(513) Effect of Ginger (Zingiber officinale) on Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Clinical Trial by Kashefi F1, Khajehei M, Alavinia M, Golmakani E, Asili J.(PubMed)
(514) High-dose vitamin C treatment reduces capillary leakage after burn plasma transfer in rats.by Kremer T1, Harenberg P, Hernekamp F, Riedel K, Gebhardt MM, Germann G, Heitmann C, Walther A.(PubMed)
(515) Association of vitamin B-6 status with inflammation, oxidative stress, and chronic inflammatory conditions: the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study by Shen J1, Lai CQ, Mattei J, Ordovas JM, Tucker KL.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne