During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
1. Liver Protective effect(551)
Bupleurum has been used in Chinese medicine to cleanse the liver(552) caused by accumulation of environmental toxins which helps to improve the protein and fat metabolism thereby helping to regulate the levels of estrogen(553) that cause menstrual pain(554).
2. Improved digestive system(555)
It is also said to improve the digestive absorption of vital vitamins and minerals by strengthening the microorganisms in the digestive tract. This is essential for women with endometriosis, because some have been found to have low levels of vital vitamins and minerals leading to menstrual disorder.
3. Nervous system(556)(557) and hormone balancing(554)
Bupleurum is not a tonic medicine, but when used together with other herbs it increases the medicine's effectiveness. The combination of buplerrum and peony helps in treating hormonal imbalance that cause menstrual cramps and abdominal pains, premenstrual syndrome(558), and strengthens the nervous system thus reducing symptoms of endometriosis such as anxiety, depression, etc(554).
4. Abdominal pain
Since it helps to increase the metabolism of protein and fatty acid, it helps to balance the production of prostaglandins hormones that control the uterine muscles. As we know, over-production of certain members of protagslandins hormones are the main cause of abdominal pain(558).
5. Anti inflammatory effects
Bupleurum stimulates the liver function in reducing inflammation(559) caused by endometriosis implants and adhesion.
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
Back to Healthy Foods Index http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/healthy-foods-index.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(551) Antioxidant activity and hepatoprotective effect of a polysaccharide from Bei Chaihu (Bupleurum chinense DC) by Zhao W1, Li JJ, Yue SQ, Zhang LY, Dou KF.(PubMed)
(552) Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Bupleurum kaoi Liu (Chao et Chuang) extract and its fractions fractionated using supercritical CO(2) on CCl(4)-induced liver damage by Wang BJ1, Liu CT, Tseng CY, Wu CP, Yu ZR.(PubMed)
(553) Estrogen-like activities of saikosaponin-d in vitro: a pilot study by Wang P1, Ren J, Tang J, Zhang D, Li B, Li Y.(PubMed)
(554) Estrogenic and serotonergic butenolides from the leaves of Piper hispidum Swingle (Piperaceae) by Michel JL1, Chen Y, Zhang H, Huang Y, Krunic A, Orjala J, Veliz M, Soni KK, Soejarto DD, Caceres A, Perez A, Mahady GB.(PubMed)
(555) Stimulatory effect of a pectic polysaccharide from a medicinal herb, the roots of Bupleurum falcatum L., on G-CSF secretion from intestinal epithelial cells by Matsumoto T1, Moriya M, Sakurai MH, Kiyohara H, Tabuchi Y, Yamada H.(PubMed)
(556) Bupleurum falcatum prevents depression and anxiety-like behaviors in rats exposed to repeated restraint stress by Lee B1, Yun HY, Shim I, Lee H, Hahm DH.(PubMed)
(557) Neuroprotective effects of total saikosaponins of Bupleurum yinchowense on corticosterone-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells by Li ZY1, Guo Z, Liu YM, Liu XM, Chang Q, Liao YH, Pan RL.(PubMed)
(558) Treatment of complications due to peritoneal dialysis for chronic renal failure with traditional Chinese medicine by Wei L1, Chen B, Ye R, Li H.(PubMed)
(559) Saikosaponin a and its epimer saikosaponin d exhibit anti-inflammatory activity by suppressing activation of NF-κB signaling pathway by Lu CN1, Yuan ZG, Zhang XL, Yan R, Zhao YQ, Liao M, Chen JX.(PubMed)