Adding spicy cinnamon into your diet may have a significant effect of blocking the onset of Alzheimer's Diseases, a new study suggested.
Although cinnamon is best known for its anti-diabetic effect, The spices also consist of certain chemical constituents associated to prevent insulin resistance(2).
The herb has been used in folk medicine as anti-fungal and bacterial agents and to improve reproductive organ, prevent flatulence and intestinal cramping, treat indigestion, diarrhea, bad breath, headache, migraine, etc.(3).
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder correlated with major reductions of neurons to the respective target areas, named after German physician Alois Alzheimer.
Alzheimer's destroys brain cells, causing cognitive modalities severe enough to affect language communication, memory, lifelong hobbies or social life.
Alzheimer's gets worse over time, and it is fatal.
According to statistic, over 25 million people in the world today are affected by dementia and most are suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
The exact causes of Alzheimer's disease are unknown. However, some researchers suggested that certain risk factors such as cigarette smoking, midlife high blood pressure and obesity, diabetes, and cerebrovascular lesions and psychosocial factors (high education, active social engagement, physical exercise, and mentally stimulating activity) are associated to the onset of the disease(10).
Some researchers suggested that people who are following lifelong intake of Western diet and at higher risk due to family history should be aware of some early signs and symptoms such as memory loss, the difficulty of planning and solving problems, completing familiar tasks, determining time or place, finding the right words, misplacing items often. ... and difficulty making decisions.
If you experience some signs and symptoms above, please make sure to check with your doctor to rule out the possibility.
In insulin resistance Winstar male rats induced by high fat/high fructose (HF/HFr), researchers found that injection of cinnamon (CN) alleviates the increases of mRNA associated with Alzheimer's such as PTEN, Tau, and amyloid precursor protein, through its neuroprotective activity associated with improved whole-body insulin sensitivity and related changes in the brain.(4).
Cinnamon aqueous extract also found to have the ability to inhibit tau aggregation in vitro and even induce dissociation of tangles isolated from AD brain, as well as sequestering highly reactive and toxic byproducts of oxidation, through protecting tau from abnormal modifications, according to the University of California(5).
PTEN, is a tumor suppressor gene involved in the regulation of the cell cycle.
Tau protein found in neurons of the central nervous system, un-stabilize microtubules have been found in patients with Alzheimer's Diseases.
Amyloid precursor protein plays an important role in the formation of synapses between neurons in the nervous system, showed to generate beta-amyloid (Aβ) in patients with Alzheimer's diseases
In cognitive impairment in Alzheimer's disease animal models, caused by the accumulation of soluble oligomeric assemblies of the β-amyloid polypeptide (Aβ), oral administration of cinnamon extract (CEppt), enhanced the decrease of Aβ oligomers, reduction of plaques and improvement in cognitive behavior(6).
Some researchers suggested that the spice may be used as amyloid-beta aggregation blockers as a few approved drugs available to treat Alzheimer disease(9) due to many potential drugs in the pipeline for the disease and other amyloid-associated illnesses may not be as promising as thought(8).
Taken altogether, cinnamon and its extract may have a protective effect in reduced risk and for treatment of Alzheimer's Diseases, through reduction of the complication causes by metabolic syndromes such as obesity and diabetes.
According to DR. Georgakopoulou EA(7), Oral intake of Cinnamon may cause Stomatitis and burning sensation in the mouth with a large amount. According to traditional Chinese medicine, overdoses of cinnamon can be toxic and damaged to the liver(1)(7).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blog, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Cinnamon extract improves insulin sensitivity in the brain and lowers liver fat in mouse models of obesity by Sartorius T1, Peter A2, Schulz N3, Drescher A2, Bergheim I4, Machann J5, Schick F6, Siegel-Axel D2, Schürmann A3, Weigert C1, Häring HU1, Hennige AM(PubMed)
(2) Neurochemical and behavioral effects of Cinnamomi cassiae (Lauraceae) bark aqueous extract in obese rats by Bano F1, Ikram H2, Akhtar N3.(PubMed)
(3) @Popular Herbs -Cinnamon
(4) Cinnamon counteracts the negative effects of a high fat/high fructose diet on behavior, brain insulin signaling and Alzheimer-associated changes by Anderson RA1, Qin B2, Canini F3, Poulet L4, Roussel AM(PubMed)
(5) Interaction of cinnamaldehyde and epicatechin with tau: implications of beneficial effects in modulating Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis by George RC1, Lew J, Graves DJ. (PubMed)
(6) Orally administrated cinnamon extract reduces β-amyloid oligomerization and corrects cognitive impairment in Alzheimer's disease animal models by Frydman-Marom A1, Levin A, Farfara D, Benromano T, Scherzer-Attali R, Peled S, Vassar R, Segal D, Gazit E, Frenkel D, Ovadia M.(PubMed)
(7) Alzheimer's disease drug discovery from herbs: neuroprotectivity from beta-amyloid (1-42) insult by Kim DS1, Kim JY, Han YS. (PubMed)
(8) Amyloid blockers may be a dead end(The scientist)
(9) Simple in vitro assays to identify amyloid-beta aggregation blockers for Alzheimer's disease therapy by Guo JP1, Yu S, McGeer PL. (PubMed)
(10) Alzheimer's disease in Foods Points of View(General health)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne