Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Ovarian cancer is defined as
a condition of abnormal ovarian cells growth of ovaries. It is
one of most common cancer in US, according to the statistics adapted
from the American Cancer Society's publication, Cancer Facts &
Figures 2010, an estimated 21,880 women in the United States will be
diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 13,850 deaths.
Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra)
also known as sweetwood, is the genus Glycyrrhiza, belonging to the
family Fabaceae, native to the Mediterranean and certain areas of Asia.
The herb has been used in traditional medicine to treat skin diseases,
coughs, constipation, bronchitis, inflammation, arthritis, etc.
Isoliquiritigenin (ISL), a licorice chalconoid, induced apoptosis in ovarian
carcinoma SKOV-3 cells and increased intracellular ROS levels through
ER stress-triggered signaling pathways, according to Shihezi
University(1). 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid, another compound found in the
same herb, potentiated the effectiveness of Hsp90(heat shock protein
90) in induced apoptosis-related protein activation, nuclear damage, and
cell death, through the activation of the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent
pathways and the mitochondria-mediated cell death pathway(2).
Licochalocone , a natural phenol licorice
compounds, enhanced 3-(5'-Hydroxymethyl-2'-furyl)-1-benzyl indazole
(YC-1), a anticancer drugs, in exhibition of apoptosis in human
epithelial ovarian carcinoma OVCAR-3 and SK-OV-3 cell lines, through decreased pro proliferative and increased apoptotic protein expression(3).
cancer incidence and prostaglandin E₂in hens(37).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my Home page at http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(1) Involvement of endoplasmic reticulum stress in isoliquiritigenin-induced SKOV-3 cell apoptosis by Yuan X1, Yu B, Wang Y, Jiang J, Liu L, Zhao H, Qi W, Zheng Q.(PubMed)
(2) 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid potentiates Hsp90 inhibition-induced apoptosis in human epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells via activation of death receptor and mitochondrial pathway by Yang JC1, Myung SC, Kim W, Lee CS(PubMed)
(3) Guanylate cyclase activator YC-1 potentiates apoptotic effect of licochalcone A on human epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells via activation of death receptor and mitochondrial pathways by Lee CS1, Kwak SW, Kim YJ, Lee SA, Park ES, Myung SC, Kim W, Lee MS, Lee JJ.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne