Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Ovarian cancer is defined as
a condition of abnormal ovarian cells growth of ovaries. It is
one of most common cancer in US, according to the statistics adapted
from the American Cancer Society's publication, Cancer Facts &
Figures 2010, an estimated 21,880 women in the United States will be
diagnosed with ovarian cancer and 13,850 deaths.
Aloe Vera is species of succulent plant in the genus Aloe, belonging to
the Family Xanthorrhoeaceae, native to Sudan. It has become very
popular for commercial cultivation due to its health benefits. Aloe vera
has been used in herbal medicine in treating many kinds of disease,
including wound, burn healing, minor skin infections, sebaceous cysts,
diabetes, and elevated of cholesterol, etc. It is also one of many
popular herb studied in scientific ways with some conflicted results.
Aloe-emodin, a major compound of herbal Aloe Vera, in composition with Reih exhibited anti human ovarian cancer SK-OV-3, effect in half inhibitory concentration (IC50)(7). Aloe-emodin
(AE) alone, showed the effective in significant inhibition of
invasion, migration, and adhesion capacities of HO-8910PM cells(human ovarian cancer )(8).
Aloin, a natural anthraquinone, extract from Aloe Vera, did not inhibit
initiation of DNA synthesis and cells replicated a full complement of
DNA but had difficulty in M phase of cell cycle(9).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my Home page at http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(7) Synthesis and anti-tumor activity evaluation of rhein-aloe emodin hybrid molecule by Yuan YF1, Hu XY, He Y, Deng JG.(PubMed)
(8) Inhibitory effect of aloe-emodin on metastasis potential in HO-8910PM cell line by He TP1, Yan WH, Mo LE, Liang NC.(PubMed)
(9) DNA ploidy and S phase fraction of breast and ovarian tumor cells treated with a natural anthracycline analog (aloin) by Esmat AY1, El-Gerzawy SM, Rafaat A.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne