Kyle J. Norton(Scholar, Master of Nutrients), all right reserved.
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The finding of a natural source for treatment of Reye’s Syndrome has been running into many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially with promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Reye’s Syndrome is a condition causes of swelling of liver and brain, affecting mostly children often ages 4 to 12 and almost always associated with a previous viral infection such as influenza (flu), cold, or chicken pox(*).
2. The Smoothie for Reye’s Syndrome caused by Common Cold
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
3/4 cup cranberry
3/4 cup raspberry
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams(2 tea bags) of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and set aside for cooling to room temperature)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding the natural ingredient for prevention and treatment of Common Cold to replace the medication from conventional has been facing many obstacles. Many initially potentially therapeutic values working in animal studies does not produce the same effectiveness in human trials.
Recent studies suggested that cranberry(1) and raspberry(6) and green tea(8) may have a potential effect on treatment of patient with Common Cold. Even celebrity Oprah, also found interest of using the cold-fighting concoction of freshly crushed cranberries juice(4).
Common cold is a condition of viral infection of the upper respiratory system of that lead to symptoms of runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, sore throat, cough, headache, etc.
According to the statistic conducted by the University of Aberdeen, cranberry, one of most comon use of herb in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) amongst the general population.for treatment of common cold and enhanced immunity(1).
Dr. Bennett J and Dr. Brown CM. said, "Almong 40% of patients used herbal remedies, cranberry.... is one the most use to treat or prevent a health condition (e.g., common cold)(3)" in the study by the Methodist Hospital, Omaha.
Cranberry, a species of Vaccinium oxycoccos, belongings to the family Ericaceae, found in the cooler part of Northern America. Daily consumption of a cranberry beverage exhibited immune modulating effect by inducing the cells first line of defense in the epithelium, for decreased risk of common cold and flu(2), the study by the University of Florida insisted.
High molecular weight non-dialyzable material (NDM) found in Cranberry juice, may consist a therapeutic potential against both A and B influenza virus infections as the juice exhibited anti viral effects through attenuate the invasion of influenzavirus (IV) as well as to neutralize the cytotoxicity of IV in cell cultures(5).
Raspberries, used as a herbal remedy in common cold, fever and flu-like infections(6), are perennial, the edible fruit of a multitude of plant species in the genus Rubus belongings to the family Rosaceae, originated from Europe. Because of their commercial values and health benefits, the fruits have been grown for processing of quick frozen (IQF) fruit, purée, juice, or as dried fruit used in a variety of grocery products.
According to the Medical University of Gdańs, with a rich sources of phytochmicals, sanguiin H-6 and ellagic acid, raspberries process a valuable and biological properties including antioxidative, antimicrobial and cytotoxic, including treament of common cold(6).
Its ethanol-water extracts with sanguiin H-6 and ellagic acid found effectively against in actively against eight and nine bacterial strains(7), through enhancing the immune system by regulating NADPH oxidase activity against bacteria(8).
Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Because of their health benefits, they have been cultivated for commercial purposes all over the world.
L-Theanin, antioxidant found in green tea, has been found epidemiologically to consist various positive effects particular for treatment of common cold(9). According to Dr. Bukowski JF and Dr. Percival SS. the antioxidant also enhance the function of gammadeltaT cells against the proliferate to a wide variety of microbes and tumor cells, as well as decreasing the incidence of cold and flu symptoms(10).
Taking altogether people who are at increased risk of Common cold due to weaken immune system or aging .....should drink at least one serving daily and people with common cold should drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
Change life style and diet pattern are also recommended.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(2) Consumption of cranberry polyphenols enhances human γδ-T cell proliferation and reduces the number of symptoms associated with colds and influenza: a randomized, placebo-controlled intervention study by Nantz MP, Rowe CA, Muller C, Creasy R, Colee J, Khoo C, Percival SS1.(PubMed)
(3) Use of herbal remedies by patients in a health maintenance organization by Bennett J1, Brown CM.(PubMed)
(4) Oprah and Friends Share Their Favorite Cold Remedies(Oprah)
(5) High molecular weight constituents of cranberry interfere with influenza virus neuraminidase activity in vitro by Oiknine-Djian E1, Houri-Haddad Y, Weiss EI, Ofek I, Greenbaum E, Hartshorn K, Zakay-Rones Z.(PubMed)
(6) Chemical composition and biological activity of Rubus idaeus shoots--a traditional herbal remedy of Eastern Europe by Krauze-Baranowska M1, Głód D, Kula M, Majdan M, Hałasa R, Matkowski A, Kozłowska W, Kawiak A.(PubMed)
(7) Chemical composition and biological activity of Rubus idaeus shoots--a traditional herbal remedy of Eastern Europe by Krauze-Baranowska M1, Głód D, Kula M, Majdan M, Hałasa R, Matkowski A, Kozłowska W, Kawiak A.(PubMed)
(8) Effects of raspberry fruit extracts and ellagic acid on respiratory burst in murine macrophages by Raudone L1, Bobinaite R, Janulis V, Viskelis P, Trumbeckaite S.(PubMed)
(9) L-Theanin, Unique Aminoacid of Tea, and Its Metabolism, Health Effects, Safety by Türközü D1, Şanlier N.(PubMed)
(10) L-theanine intervention enhances human gammadeltaT lymphocyte function by Bukowski JF1, Percival SS.(PubMed)