Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Mondor's disease is a medical; condition involved thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of the breast and anterior chest wall. although the disease is benign but it can be caused at times by breast carcinoma, according to the Ospedale Vittore Buzzi(10) or the complication, of the tunnel procedure in breast biopsy when the distance from the breast lesion to the areolar edge was more than 3 cm(11), as well as thoracoabdominal wall surgeries(12).
Treatment is symptomatic because the disease has proved to be benign and self-limited with corticosteroids, antibiotics, vaccines, and anticoagulants.(13).
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of Mondor's disease caused by Breast cancer
Yield: 2 serving (about 8 ounce each)
1 1/2 cups Blueberries
1 cup rice milk
4-6 ice cubes
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately.
The dream of finding of a natural ingredient for replacement of serious side effects of chemotherapy for treatment of breast caner has been extremely difficult, probably due to physical differences in testing subjects.
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer originated in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma).In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of breast cancer were diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a women is 1/8.
Blueberry, a flower plant, belong to the family Eriaceae and native to Northern America contains several essential phytochemicals and nutrients, including, lutein and zeaxanthin, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium and vitamins.
Blueberry or whole blueberry powder may hold a key for reduced risk breast cancer and for treatment of the diseases. Recent studies insisted that intake of the fruits and the fruit products showed to the improve the survival rate of women with breast cancer.
In estrogen-mediated breast cancer, blueberry-supplemented diet protect women against breast cancer induced by 17β-estradiol (E2)-mediated mammary tumorigenesis(breast cancer)(1) in animals received 5% blueberry diet, either 2 weeks prior to or 12 weeks study.Dr. Ravoori S and the research team at the University of Louisville suggested, the effectiveness of blue berry for treatment of breast cancer may be a result of the exhibition of its phytochemicals reducing mammary tissue proliferation and tumor burden, tumor latency(2).
In fact the intake of berries reduced significantly mammary tumor incidence (10-30%) by suppressing the levels of E(2) to prevent the early onset of E(2) breast cancer(3).
Dr. Aiyer HS and Gupta RC. said, blueberries and other berries promote anti proliferation and apoptosis of breast cancer cell is due its effects in modulating enzymes of estrogen metabolism.
In breast cancer cell lines MCF7 and MDA-MB-231, pterostilbene, a phytochemical found in blueberries, effectively suppressed tumorigenesis and metastasis of cancer stem cells (CSCs) through reduced expressions in promoted(4) and increased tumor cell proliferation of breast cancer(5).
Addition to that, the joint study lead by the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee showed that pterostilbene not only expressed itself as a effective inducer of apoptosis in human breast in affecting various cellular targets, it also may be a chemopreventive potential based on its stronger anti-proinflammatory cytokines and anti-inflammatory activities against many forms of diseases(6).
In the study of MCF7, Hs578t and MDA-MB-231 breast cancercell lines, pterostilbene suppressed tumor growth and metastasis in MDA-MB-231, the triple-negative breast cancer and Hs578t cells through inhibition of the migratory and invasive potential by blocking the initiate the metastatic process(7).
Further more, the phytochemical also found to inhibit breast cancer regardless of estrogen receptor (ER-α36 positive or negative breast cancer)status by inducing apoptosis(8) and anti-proliferation(9), with or without the execution of cell death in apoptotic cells(8).
The finding of the effectiveness of blueberry and its phytochemical pterostilbene may serve as a cornerstone of pharmaceutical target for further studies as well as a protential medication for treatment of breast disease.
Women who are at high risk of breast cancer such as genetic mutation genes BRCA1 and BRCA2 should drink at least one cup daily and women with breast cancer should drink the juices as much as they can depending to digestive toleration.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Chemopreventive and therapeutic activity of dietary blueberry against estrogen-mediated breast cancer by Jeyabalan J1, Aqil F, Munagala R, Annamalai L, Vadhanam MV, Gupta RC.(PubMed)
(2) Inhibition of estrogen-mediated mammary tumorigenesis by blueberry and black raspberry by Ravoori S1, Vadhanam MV, Aqil F, Gupta RC.(PubMed)
(3) Berries and ellagic acid prevent estrogen-induced mammary tumorigenesis by modulating enzymes of estrogen metabolism by Aiyer HS1, Gupta RC.(PubMed)
(4) Pterostilbene, a bioactive component of blueberries, suppresses the generation of breast cancer stem cells within tumor microenvironment and metastasis via modulating NF-κB/microRNA 448 circuit by Mak KK1, Wu AT, Lee WH, Chang TC, Chiou JF, Wang LS, Wu CH, Huang CY, Shieh YS, Chao TY, Ho CT, Yen GC, Yeh CT.(PubMed)
(5) Twist modulates breast cancer stem cells by transcriptional regulation of CD24 expression by Vesuna F1, Lisok A, Kimble B, Raman V.(PubMed)
(6) Understanding the mode of action of a pterostilbene derivative as anti-inflammatory agent by Nikhil K1, Sharan S1, Palla SR2, Sondhi SM2, Peddinti RK2, Roy P3.(PubMed)
(7) Pterostilbene inhibits triple-negative breast cancer metastasis via inducing microRNA-205 expression and negatively modulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition by Su CM1, Lee WH2, Wu AT3, Lin YK4, Wang LS5, Wu CH6, Yeh CT7.(PubMed)
(8) Estrogen receptor-α36 is involved in pterostilbene-induced apoptosis and anti-proliferation in in vitro and in vivobreast cancer by Pan C1, Hu Y2, Li J3, Wang Z4, Huang J5, Zhang S1, Ding L5.(PubMed)
(9) Estrogen receptor-α36 is involved in pterostilbene-induced apoptosis and anti-proliferation in in vitro and in vivobreast cancer by Pan C1, Hu Y2, Li J3, Wang Z4, Huang J5, Zhang S1, Ding L5.(PubMed)
(10) Mondor's disease and breast cancer by Catania S1, Zurrida S, Veronesi P, Galimberti V, Bono A, Pluchinotta A.(PubMed)
(11) Mondor's disease and breast cancer by Catania S1, Zurrida S, Veronesi P, Galimberti V, Bono A, Pluchinotta A.(PubMed)
(12) Successful Treatment of a Recalcitrant Mondor's Cord Following Breast Augmentation by Shah NA1, Gryskiewicz J2, Crutchfield CE 3rd2.(PubMed)
(13) Mondor Disease Treatment & Management by Author: Robert A Schwartz, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD(Netscape)