The Western diet or standard American diet (SAD) is a modern dietary pattern characterized by high-carb foods with low in nutrients, manufactured trans fats in the form of hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, unrefined sugar, molasses, cane syrup and maple syrup,.... and refined flour.
In a long-term, all these foods can overwhelm the body organs, causing toxins accumulation that can lead to varying types of chronic illness.
Sadly but truthfully, the health line in the article of "The Effects of Fast Food on the Body" wrote, " millennials alone spend 45 percent of their budget’s food dollars on eating out'. and "In comparison to 40 years ago, the average American family now spends half their food budget on restaurant food. In 1977, just under 38 percent of family food budgets were spent eating outside the home".
Continuously, the author suggested that these types of fast foods only cause digestive and cardiovascular, respiratory, central nervous system, reproductive, integumentary and skeletal disorders but also induce a strongly negative effects on society, including more than one-third of children ages 6 to 19 are also considered overweight or obese and financial burden to the health care system.
Dr. Donjete Statovci, at the University College Cork, in the study of "The Impact of Western Diet and Nutrients on the Microbiota and Immune Response at Mucosal Interfaces" said, "Recent reports indicate that the gut microbiota and modifications thereof, due to a consumption of a diet high in saturated fats and low in fibers, can trigger factors regulating the development and/or progression of both conditions"(2).
Herbal Remedies That Detox and Nourish Our Body include
Garlic is a widely used medication in the world.
The herb has a proven record for prevention and treatment of heart disease(3) by decreasing the risk factors of hypertension and high blood cholesterol through it's a form of aged garlic extract and protection of liver from being damaged by the forming of free radicals through its form of garlic juice(4).
Furthermore, application of garlic extract also strengthens our system's fighting against the degeneration of our body, though it's a form of aqueous garlic extract(5).
2. Gotu Kola
Gotu Kola is also known as cetenlla asiatica. It is said to have a strong effect in treating nervous system disorder caused by inflammation(6) and improving learning and memory(7).
It's antioxidant property also rejuvenates our body against the forming of free radicals(8) and protects against early aging(9).
Astragalus contains antioxidants(10) that have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for strengthening our body in fighting against oxidative stress in the induction of diseases.
The herbal medicine also processes anti-virus and anti-bacterial properties(11), and promotes selectively in modulated cells of the immune system(11).
4. Reishi Mushroom
Reishi Mushroom contains ganoderic acids that strengthen our immune system's fight against inflammation(12) and abnormal cell growth in the induction of cancers(12).
The herb also keeps our liver in top form and improves the circulation of blood and increases the oxygen level in the bloodstream(13).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) The Effects of Fast Food on the Body by health Line
(2) The Impact of Western Diet and Nutrients on the Microbiota and Immune Response at Mucosal Interfaces by Statovci D1, Aguilera M1, MacSharry J1,2, Melgar S(PubMed)
(3) Garlic and Heart Disease by Varshney R1, Budoff MJ(PubMed)
(4) Antioxidant effects of heated garlic juice on cadmium-induced liver damage in rats as compared to ascorbic acid by Olalekan Lawal A1, Lawal AF, Ologundudu A, Adeniran OY, Omonkhua A, Obi F.(PubMed)
(5) Protective effects of aqueous garlic extract in reducing water avoidance stress-induced degeneration of the stomach, ileum, and liver: morphological and biochemical study by Zeybek A1, Ercan F, Cetinel S, Cikler E, Saglam B, Sener G(PubMed)
(6) Neuroprotective effect of a standardized extract of Centella asiatica ECa233 in rotenone-induced parkinsonism rats by Teerapattarakan N1, Benya-Aphikul H2, Tansawat R3, Wanakhachornkrai O4, Tantisira MH5, Rodsiri R(PubMed)
(7) Study of ameliorating effects of ethanolic extract of Centella asiatica on learning and memory deficit in animal models by Doknark S, Mingmalairak S, Vattanajun A, Tantisira B, Tantisira MH(PubMed)
(8) Total phenolics and antioxidant activities of fenugreek, green tea, black tea, grape seed, ginger, rosemary, gotu kola, and ginkgo extracts, vitamin E, and tert-butylhydroquinone by Rababah TM1, Hettiarachchy NS, Horax R(PubMed)
(9) Trends in aging and skin care: Ayurvedic concepts by Datta HS1, Paramesh R(PubMed)
(10) Mineral and Phytochemical Profiles and Antioxidant Activity of Herbal Material from Two Temperate Astragalus Species. by Butkutė B1, Dagilytė A2, Benetis R2, Padarauskas A3, Cesevičienė J1, Olšauskaitė V3, Lemežienė N(PubMed)
(11) Immunomodulatory and antimicrobial effects of some traditional chinese medicinal herbs: a review by Tan BK1, Vanitha (PubMed)
(12) Immunomodulatory and Antitumoral Properties of Ganoderma lucidum and Agaricus brasiliensis (Agaricomycetes) Medicinal Mushrooms by Rubel R1, Santa HSD1, Dos Santos LF2, Fernandes LC3, Figueiredo BC4, Soccol CR(PubMed)
(13) Triterpenoids and polysaccharide peptides-enriched Ganoderma lucidum: a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study of its antioxidation and hepatoprotective efficacy in healthy volunteers by Chiu HF1, Fu HY2, Lu YY3, Han YC2, Shen YC4, Venkatakrishnan K2, Golovinskaia O5, Wang CK(PubMed)
(14) Cardioprotective Activity of Ganoderma lucidum Extract during Total Ischemia and Reperfusion of Isolated Heart by Lasukova TV1, Maslov LN, Arbuzov AG, Burkova VN, Inisheva L(PubMed)