Black beam with abundant nutrients and phytochemicals may have a profound effect in restoring the health of human systems by rebalancing the ratio of reactive oxygen species and antioxidants in the body, some scientists suggested.
A free radical is an atom that has a single unpaired electron in an outer shell and highly reactive to react with other cell, which in turn, causes oxidative damage to the enzymes, protein, unsaturated fatty acid, phospholipids, DNA..... and RNA through a set of chain reaction auto-catalytically after attacking the lipid bilayers of the cell walls.
Epidemiological studies agreed that overexpression of free radicals is an association of a wide range of medical conditions including chronic syndromes and diseases.
Antioxidants, opposite to free radicals are substances that inhibit free radicals activity in the induction of oxidation.
In a healthy individual, antioxidants produced by antioxidant enzymes, including superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and catalases found in the tissue are more than enough to balance the ratio of ROS and antioxidant which in turn enhances the function of body systems in protection against diseases associated to overexpression of free radicals.
However, in the prevention of free radicals in the induction of diseases, some people may opt for supplementation, including free radical scavenging antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, and beta-carotene.
Some researchers suggested, phytochemical produced by plants with a function to protect the plant to grow and defense against competitors, pathogens, or predators may also improve antioxidant status in the body if they are consumed by a human.
Black bean is a Small roughly ovoid legume with glossy black shells, genus Phaseolus, belongings to the family Fabaceae.
Dried and canned forms of black beans can be bought in most grocery stores all around the year in . It is believed that black bean was first domesticated growth in South America.
Nutrients and Chemicals constituents
2. Dietary fiber
5. Vitamin A
6. Vitamin B
8. Vitamin C
b. Chemicals constituents
The major chemical compounds of black bean include anthocyanin, (-)-epicatechin, delphinidin, petunidin, flavonols, and malvidin.
In the study to classify the maximum antioxidant effect of legume including black and red varieties of adzuki beans, researchers found that Adzuki bean (black) contain high levels of antioxidant 2,2'-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl and superoxide anion scavenger compared to other beans.
* Adzuki bean (black) also processes the hydrogen peroxide scavenging and metal chelating abilities, but lesser compared to adzuki bean (red) variety.
* Phenolic extracts found in black adzuki bean also showed distinct variations compared to other beans in the inhibition of enzymes associated with hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia.
* α-glucosidase inhibitory activity was superior in the black variety of adzuki bean (IC(50,) 26.28 mg/mL), both adzuki bean varieties (black and red) with no significant difference in their IC(50) values (7.32 to 9.85 mg/mL).
Dr. Sreerama YN, the lead scientist at the final report of the study wrote." Vigna species of legumes are a potential source of antioxidant phenolics and also great sources of strong natural inhibitors for α-glucosidase and lipase activities" and "Vigna species of legumes are good sources of phenolic antioxidants and strong natural inhibitors of enzymes associated with diabetes and obesity".
Furthermore, with an aim to reaffirm the antioxidant status of varieties of legume species, researchers at the Bhabha Atomic Research Center launched an investigation using numbers of a different technique, including Ferric Reducing Antioxidant Power (FRAP) and metal ion (Fe²⁺) chelation assays.
Thirty different varieties of commonly consumed legumes in India were screened for phenolic content and antioxidant in the study.
All 30 bean varieties process a high level of antioxidants. Beans with a dark coating such as black bean have higher levels of antioxidants compared to beans with the lighter coating.
Moreover, Antioxidant activity showed a positive correlation (r²>0.95) with phenolic contents.
These result suggested that black color bean may be considered functional food in improved antioxidants in the body. In other words, intake of black bean daily may protect us against chronic syndromes and diseases caused by an imbalance of ratio free radicals and antioxidants in our body.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299
(1) Differential accumulation of polyphenolics in black beangenotypes grown in four environments.
Marles MA, Balasubramanian P, Bett KE. (PubMed)
(2) Phenolic antioxidants in some Vigna species of legumes and their distinct inhibitory effects on α-glucosidase and pancreatic lipase activities by Sreerama YN, Takahashi Y, Yamaki K. (PubMed)
(3) Comparative study on antioxidant activity of different varieties of commonly consumed legumes in India. by Marathe SA, Rajalakshmi V, Jamdar SN, Sharma A.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne