Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1 cup banana
1/2 cup avocado
1 cup herbal ginger tea
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding of a natural source for treatment of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy has been running into many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially with promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Hyperemesis gravidarum of pregnancy is a medical condition with severe nausea, vomiting, weight loss, and electrolyte disturbance during pregnancy. The prevalence of hyperemesis gravidarum of
pregnancy, may be associated to the presence of serum levels of neopterin, as a marker for immune system activation, inflammatory markers and oxidative stress(1)(2), particular Vitamin E, E equivalent, vitamin C, carotene and vitamin A levels(3).
Recent studies back by well known institutions proposed, Banana(7), Avocado(7) and Herbal Ginger Tea(4) may be the next generation of natural ingredients for prevention and treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) or ginger root is the genus Zingiber, belongings to the family Zingiberaceae, native to Tamil used in traditional and Chinese medicine to treat dyspepsia, gastroparesis, constipation, edema, difficult urination, colic, etc. According to the University of Copenhagen, powdered root of ginger in daily doses of 1 g during 4 day, scored an significantly geater relief of the symptoms hyperemesis gravidarum in comparison to placebo(4).
Dr. Sonkusare S. professor at the Melaka Manipal Medical College, said, "The management of the (hyperemesis gravidarum)condition involves symptomatic treatment along with antiemetic, pyridoxine and thiamine. Important role of alternative therapies like ginger and P6 acupoint stimulation in the treatment of hyperemesis has been identified"(5).
Truly, the search of Medline, Embase, The Cochrane Library, and other important databases up to September 2013 (Clinical Evidence reviews are updated periodically; please check our website for the most up-to-date version of this review) by Festin M, professor at the Philippine General Hospital, suggested, alternative medicine of ginger root may also be effective for reduced risk and treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum when used combination with acupressure; acupuncture; corticosteroids; metoclopramide; ondansetron; prochlorperazine; promethazine; and pyridoxine (vitamin B6)(6).
Pyridoxine, also known as vitamin B6 found abundantly in bananas, and avocados is also found to associate to reduce risk and treatment of Hyperemesis gravidarum(7).
According to the case of Naval Medical Center, in a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial in which women with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy, showed that the combination of pyridoxine and doxylamine relieved symptoms of nausea and emesis in pregnancy but lesser than those of ondansetron(8).
The effectiveness of Banana, Avocado and Herbal Ginger Tea may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies in production of a potential medication for prevention and treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum with little or no adverse effects.
Women who are at high risk of hyperemesis gravidarumdue to family history,..... should drink at least one serving daily and women with hyperemesis gravidarumshould drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
Life style and dietary patter change are recommended.
Life style and dietary patter change are recommended.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
(1) Serum levels of neopterin, inflammatory markers and oxidative stress indicators in hyperemesis gravidarum by Tunc SY1, Agacayak E1, Budak S2, Tunc N3, Icen MS1, Findik FM1, Ekinci A4, Gul T1.(PubMed)
(2) The oxidative stress index increases among patients with hyperemesis gravidarum but not in normal pregnancies by Yilmaz S, Ozgu-Erdinc AS, Demirtas C, Ozturk G, Erkaya S, Uygur D.(PubMed)
(3) Dietary antioxidant levels in hyperemesis gravidarum: a case control study by Celik F1, Guzel AI, Kuyumcuoglu U, Celik Y.(PubMed)
(4) Ginger treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum by Fischer-Rasmussen W1, Kjaer SK, Dahl C, Asping U.(PubMed)
(5) Hyperemesis gravidarum: a review. by Sonkusare S1.(PubMed)
(6) Nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy by Festin M1.(PubMed)
(7) [Treatment of hyperemesis gravidarum with combined inositol and pyridoxine].[Article in Italian] by BALESTRI F.(PubMed)
(8) Ondansetron compared with doxylamine and pyridoxine for treatment of nausea in pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial by Oliveira LG1, Capp SM, You WB, Riffenburgh RH, Carstairs SD.(PubMed)