Posted by Chantel M. contributed by Soyfoods association of North America (Source)
½ cup dried bread crumbs
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
16 ounces soft or firm tofu1
½ cup canola oil
½ cup olive oil
2 large eggs,
1. Toast the bread crumbs in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Mix in the oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Cut the block tofu horizontally in half. Then cut it in half the long way. Make 5 cuts perpendicular to the long cut, creating 24 pieces. Cover a sheet pan with paper towels. Place the tofu in one layer on the towels. Blot the tofu, pressing it gently with additional towels to remove excess moisture.
3. Heat the oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees F. Cover a second baking sheet with more paper towels. Place the beaten eggs in a wide shallow dish.
4. Dip the tofu in the egg. Dredge the pieces in the bread crumb mixture until completely coated. Slip the breaded tofu into the hot oil, 3 to 4 pieces at a time. Fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and brown on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve immediately, accompanied by mustard for dipping. Or, let the sticks cool and arrange them in a single layer on baking sheet. Cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Before serving, recrisp by baking in a 350 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes.
Per stick: Calories 48Soy Protein 1.7 gTotal Protein 2.5gCarbohydrates 2.1gFat 3.5gSat. Fat: 0.3g
Recipe from Amazing Soy by Dana Jacobi
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne