Posted by Chantel M. contributed by Soyfoods association of North America (Source)
"Tofu is a natural substitute for eggs in flan, a Spanish dessert of smooth vanilla custard served with caramel syrup. The taste and consistency of this soy version is almost indistinguishable from the original."
12 ounces silken, firm tofu
6 ounces soy cream cheese
1/4 cup soy milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
6 tsp brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350F
Put all ingredients except the brown sugar into a food processor or blender and mix until completely smooth.
Divide evenly among 6 custard dishes and bake for 15 minutes, until firm.
After 15 minutes, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each custard dish. Continue baking for 5 more minutes, or until the tops have browned.
The flans can be served warm if desired, but the consistency improves with chilling. Let cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least an hour.
Total Protein 11g
Soy Protein 11g
From The Whole Soy Cookbook by Patricia Greenberg
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne