Posted by Chantel M. contributed by Soyfoods association of North America (Source)
This recipe replaces the traditional heavy cream and butter with Tofu and saves 350 calories per serving for the sauce alone!
Makes 4 servings, (sauce alone)
1 package (12oz) firm silken tofu
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Kosher salt (or less to taste)
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup skim milk or plain soymilk
1 package frozen chopped broccoli
1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Warm in the microwave 3-4 minutes on high, or until hot. Cook pasta. In the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add frozen broccoli to cooking wa-ter. Drain and toss with Alfredo Sauce.
Nutrition Information:Per Serving:
3 g Protein,
4 g Carbohydrate,
10 g Fat
Traditional Alfredo Sauce Comparison:
9 g Protein,
5 g Carbohydrate,
51 g Fat
This recipe is courteous of the National Soybean Research Laboratory.
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne