Posted by Chantel M. Contributed by US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
In the study of Pregnant rats received soybean (SO), olive (OO), fish (FO) and linseed (LO) oil diets from conception to d12 of gestation (early diets) and standard diet thereafter by Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, researchers found that At d12, the LO diet resulted higher LPL activity and incorporation of 18:3 n-3 into LAT. FA profile in maternal LAT at d20 and colostrum was similar to early diets, reflected also in FA composition of pup's plasma. In FO, brain phospholipids had higher 22:6 n-3 without affecting arachidonic acid. These results suggest that specifics dietary FA in early pregnancy modulates lipid metabolism and the provision of LC-PUFA in milk and pups brain.
Dr. Mercola's Total Health Breakthrough
Guide To Weight Loss, Preventing Disease And
Premature Aging, And Living Healthy And Longer!
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne