Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Diaphragm or cap is a type of contraceptive
barrier-device, fitted inside the woman vagina, and covered with
spermicide made of latex or silicone to prevent the possibility of
pregnancy. The method has a failure rate of less 4% if used properly.
The diaphragm must be inserted before having sex, and remain in the
vagina for at least 6 hours after a man's last ejaculation. Make sure
you have the correct size of diaphragm, if you are not sure, consult
with your doctor.
Types diaphragm or cap
There are two types of device
1. Vagina diaphragm
is used as a barrier between the vagina and the cervix canal. It is a
circular rings ranged between 50-105 mm in diameter, fit perfectly in
the vaginal cul-de-sac and cover the cervix, with the aim to kill the
sperm before they can get through to the cervix.
2. Cervical diaphragm
cervical diaphragm is a thimble shaped flexible cap made of latex and
considered smaller than the vagina cap. The cap containing spermicide on
the surface is placed on the cervix securely by preventing the sperm
from getting through the cervix.
How to insert the diaphragm or cap
inserting the diaphragm, please make sure you have washed your hands to
prevent any bacteria cause of infection or inflammation. After
squeezing the ring into the oval shape and water-based lubricant is
added, spreading 1tsp of spermicide around the edge and in the center
before inserting. If you have intercourse again within the six hours,
you must apply more spermicide.
The advantage of diaphragm or cap
1. Protect against sexual transmitting diseases
a study of Cervical Barrier Advancement Society. July 2007. Retrieved
2007-07-22. researchers suggested that women provided with both male
condoms and a diaphragm experienced the same rate of HIV infection as
women provided with male condoms alone.
2. Reduce the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
a report of "Barrier-method contraceptives and pelvic inflammatory
disease". Journal of the American Medical Association by , Kelaghan; G.
L. Rubin, H. W. Ory and P. M. Layde (July 1982). researchers suggest
that diaphragms may lower the risk of PID.
3. Reduce the risk of cervical cancer caused by human papillomavirus (HPV)
Due to the present of the spermicide.
4. It is convenient and easier to use without the needs of recording and remembering.
5. It is considered cost effective if compared with other methods.
6. Women with history of repeated urinary tract infections may be excluded from the use of this method.
The disadvantage of diaphragm or cap
1. Some women may be allergic to latex
2. increased risk of urinary tract infection
a study of Association between diaphragm use and urinary tract
infection by Fihn S, Latham R, Roberts P, Running K, Stamm W. researcher
found that diaphragm is associated to the increased risk of urinary
3. If used improperly, it can increase the
pressure to urethra, interfering with function of the bladder in
emptying urine fully.
4. Increased risk of yeast infection, and bacterial vaginosis
Due to the present of the certain types of spermicide.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne