Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Rhythm Method is the method use
by couple to prevent possibility of pregnancy by abstaining from sexual
intercourse on the day around ovulation. The method is only effective if
the woman have regular menstrual cycle, otherwise, it is tough for any
woman as she needs to record changes of the cervical mucus and take the
basal body temperature every day before she gets out of bed to predict
the days of ovulation. Most couple only use condom in the days around
ovulation if they want to have sex. the rhythm method is only effective
if you know how to use it correctly or with the help of professionals in
your local clinic or your doctor.
Types of Rhythm method1. Standard days method
Standard days method developed
by Georgetown University's Institute for Reproductive Health, is one
of more effective than other rhythm methods. The Standard Days Method
may only be used by women whose cycles are always between 26 and 32
1. Days 1-7 of a woman's menstrual cycle are considered infertile
2. Days 8-19 are considered fertile
3. From Day 20, are consider infertile.
The day of bleeding is considered a first day of the menstrual cycle.
university also developed a product called CycleBeads, to help the user
keeping track of estimated high and low fertility points of her
menstrual cycle. The standard method has a successful rate of 95%.
2. Knaus–Ogino method
The Knaus-Ogino helps women to estimate the length of the pre-ovulatory
infertile phase by subtracting 19 from the shortest menstrual cycle.
b. and the estimation of the start of the post-ovulatory infertile phase, by subtracting 10 from the longest menstrual cycle.
Example, if a woman has a shortest menstrual cycle of 28 and longest of 35 then
a. The pre-ovulatory infertile phrase is 28-19= 09 days (1-9 day)
b. The post-ovulatory infertile phrase is 35-10=25 days (10-25 day)
c. The fertile phrase is 10-24 days (26 -the last day before bleeding start)
The standard method has a successful rate of 91%.
Risk of pregnancy
1. When used to prevent pregnancy, the rhythm method has a successful rate of 95 % per year.
2. When used incorrectly, the rhythm method has a successful rate of 75 % per year.
The advantage of rhythm method
1. Completely safe if used correctly, if the sperm is abstained from the egg, there is no way the egg can be fertilized.
2. Post no health risk as no device is inserted in the womb and no medicine needed.
3. No long term affects in fertility as the use of other contraceptive method.
4. Cost is about buying a kit every month or no cost at all if the woman is an expert.
The disadvantage of rhythm method
Time consuming, a woman needs to remember to take her basal temperature
every morning when she gets off the bed and records it.
2. Need to
understand the how the rhythm method work. Use incorrectly can increase
the risk of possibility of pregnancy by 3 fold.
3. Not suitable for teen and sexual active women
4. It is tough for women with irregular menstrual cycle
5. Some experts suggested that rhythm method increases
the risk of miscarriage and birth defects due to aged gametes at the
time of conception but according to the study of Effects of timing of
conception on birth weight and preterm delivery of natural family
planning users by M. Barbato, A. Bitto, R.H. Gray, J.L. Simpson, J.T.
Queenan, R.T. Kambic, A. Perez, P. Mena, F. Pardo and W. Stevenson, et
al., reseachers found that the timing of conception vis à vis ovulation
does not exert significant effects on the birth weight or preterm
delivery of resulting pregnancies, a reassuring finding for NFP users
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne