Posted by Chantel M. Contributed by American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
In a study of "Lignan and isoflavone excretion in relation to uterine fibroids: a case-control study of young to middle-aged women in the United States" by Charlotte Atkinson, Johanna W Lampe, Delia Scholes, Chu Chen, Kristiina Wähälä and Stephen M Schwart, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 84, No. 3, 587-593, September 2006, researchers suggest a modest inverse association between lignan excretion and uterine fibroid risk. Whether this relation represents an effect of lignans per se or of other constituents of lignan-containing foods on the development of uterine fibroids remains to be determined. No association was found between isoflavone excretion and uterine fibroids; however, the intake of soy foods, the primary source of isoflavones, was low in this population.
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne