The immune system formed part of the defense system is the set of cells associated with the activity that protect the body against antigens or infectious agents.
It is one of the body's defense system against diseases by keeping us healthy and preventing infections.
Immune dysfunction is a chronic condition, depending on the parts of the immune system affected.
The immune dysfunction can be classified into
* The underactive immune system is also known as the weakened immune system. People with the underactive immune system are susceptible to infection, recurrent infections.
* The overactive immune system is also known as autoimmune diseases. In this case, patients suffer diseases associated with the immune system that attacks the body tissues.
Immunomodulation is a process in which an immune response is altered to the desired level. In other words, under the immunomodulatory effect, the immune system is responding correctly to the desire of the body, regardless of types of immune dysfunction.
Some researchers suggested that by providing the necessary nutrition which has been found to play major exogenous factors in modulating different aspects of immune function. Therefore, the immune system can be optimal for the benefits of human health.
Dr. the lead scientist outlined,
* " nutrition induces a significant modulation of a marker within the reference range" or
* "nutrition induces a significant modulation of a marker from outside the reference or control range back into the range" or
*"nutrition induces a significant modulation of a marker from within the reference or control range to outside the range" or
* "nutrition prevents a significant modulation of a marker from within the reference or control range to outside the range" or
* "nutrition induces a significant modulation of a marker from a less favorable reference range into the reference range of a comparator group with a more favorable immune function".
Finally, the doctor said, "If related immune function markers show consistent changes, the interpretation will be easy and will follow the same logic as for individual markers" and "If changes in related markers are not consistent, interpretation is greatly helped by good clinical practices that include the a priori definition of the most important ‘lead markers’ (typically groups A and B)".
In other words, immune functioning can be modulated to the body needs.
The onion is a plant in the genus Allium, belongings to the family Alliaceae, a close relation of garlic. It is often called the "king of vegetables" because of its pungent taste and found in a large number of recipes and preparations spanning almost the totality of the world's cultures.
Depending on the variety, an onion can be sharp, spicy, tangy, pungent, mild or sweet.
With an aim to find a potential compound that processes immunomodulatory effect, researchers examined the onion extract against disease associated with immune dysfunction.
In vitro, application of both onion aqueous and ethanolic extract of garlic powder significantly stimulated cell proliferation of rat spleen lymphocytes, by activating a cytokine signaling molecule in the immune system that regulates the activities of white blood cells.
These activities were totally depending on specific stimulator of cell proliferation. In this case, it was the interleukin 2 (IL2).
In subjected treated with concanavalin, both extracts also modulated the proliferation of rat thymocytes and splenocytes in response to concanavalin administration.
Interestingly, depending on the concentration, onion extracts not only had an inhibitory effect on T cell proliferation at higher concentrations but also increased T cell proliferation at lower concentrations of extracts.
In other words, onion processed immune modulatory effects depending on the body needs.
Taken altogether, onion may be considered a remedy for the promotion of immune function, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Garlic and onions: Their cancer prevention properties by Holly L. Nicastro,1 Sharon A. Ross,2 and John A. Milner. (PubMed)
(2) Monitoring immune modulation by nutrition in the general population: identifying and substantiating effects on human health by Ruud Albers, 1 Raphaëlle Bourdet-Sicard, 2 Deborah Braun, 3 Philip C. Calder, 4 Udo Herz, 5Claude Lambert, 6 Irene Lenoir-Wijnkoop, 7 Agnès Méheust, 8 Arthur Ouwehand, 9Phoukham Phothirath, 10 Tomoyuki Sako, 11 Seppo Salminen, 12 André Siemensma, 13Henk van Loveren, 14 and Ulrich Sack. (PMC)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne