Yoga, the accident technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
According to the Institute for Extraordinary Living, Kripalu Center, in a total of 35 overweight/obese participants attended the 5-day weight loss program, researchers found that after 3 months of treatment, attendees displayed improvements in nutrition behaviors, SC, mindfulness, stress management, and spiritual growth with an impressive ratio of 84%.
Dr. Braun TD, the lead author said, " Kripalu yoga-based, residential weight loss program may foster psychological well-being, improved nutrition behaviors, and weight loss".
Supportively, the study of 30 males and 16 females, aged 17-20 yr)with 23 motivated subjects (15 male and 8 female) given yoga training and the remaining 23 subjects served as controls. conducted by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), the group attended yoga class showed a significant weight reduction at the end of the study in compared to control group, observed by Harvard step test.
Additionally, a group with yoga training also showed a remarkable increase in respiratory pressures and endurance in 40 mm Hg test in both male and female subjects (P < 0.05 for all comparisons) which are an indication of improvement in respiratory muscle strength.
Promisingly, An Ayurveda-inspired weight management curriculum (YWL) piloted in female yoga practitioners into 2 groups with Study 1 enrolled 22 yoga-experienced women (48.2 ± 14.3 years, BMI 30.8 ± 4.2 kg/m2) in a 10-week yoga-based program (YWL-YE) and Study 2 enrolled 21 yoga- naïve women (49.4 ± 10.7 years, BMI 35.5 ± 6.8 kg/m2) in a revised 10-week program (YWL-YN), showed that weight loss is found higher in YWL-YN (28.6%) than YWL-YE (18.2%) and both studies expressed a greater weight loss after 3 months of follow up with % of self-reported total body weight loss (%TBWL) reaching clinical significance (>5%).
Dr. Ross A, not the author in the studies said, "Yoga interventions improve obesity-related outcomes including body mass index (BMI), body weight, body fat, and waist circumference" and "...diverse behavioral, physical, and psychosocial effects that may make it a useful tool for weight loss".
Taking together, there is no doubt that the greater weight loss of yoga participants addressed an important issue - weight loss program must accompany with the change of social behavior, improvement of physical, and psychosocial well being for achieving a better outcome.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Psychological well-being, health behaviors, and weight loss among participants in a residential, Kripalu yoga-based weight loss program by Braun TD1, Park CL, Conboy LA(PubMed).
(2) Effect of six weeks yoga training on weight loss following step test, respiratory pressures, handgrip strength and handgrip endurance in young healthy subjects by Madanmohan1, Mahadevan SK, Balakrishnan S, Gopalakrishnan M, Prakash ES.(PubMed)
(3) Group-Based Yogic Weight Loss with Ayurveda-Inspired Components: A Pilot Investigation of Female Yoga Practitioners and Novices by Braun TD1, Park CL1, Gorin AA1, Garivaltis H, Noggle JJ2, Conboy LA3,4.(PubMed)
(4) A Different Weight Loss Experience: A Qualitative Study Exploring the Behavioral, Physical, and Psychosocial Changes Associated with Yoga That Promote Weight Loss by Ross A1, Brooks A1, Touchton-Leonard K1, Wallen G1.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne