Gut Microbiota is a community of microorganisms living in the gastrointestinal tract.
Under normal conditions, gut microbiota plays a critical role in overall health, including the impacts of
* In nutrient metabolism, gut microbiota improves the absorption of the dietary nutrients of the digestive system
* In xenobiotic and drug metabolism, gut microbiota protects the body against xenobiotics and drug toxicity through facilitating the excretion.
* Maintenance of the structural integrity of the gut mucosal barrier, gut microbiota enhances the epithelial cells with a function to protect the intestine against invasive pathogens and ensure the function of intestinal in nutrients adsorption.
* In immunomodulation, gut microbiota interact with the immune system against inflammatory immune disorders and inhibits the risk of gastrointestinal diseases and non-gastrointestinal diseases caused by overexpression of bad bacteria.
However, imbalanced of the ratio of gut microbiota may have a negative on human health and diseases.
Dr. Yu-Jie Zhang wrote, "Gut bacteria are an important component of the microbiota ecosystem in the human gut, which is colonized by 1014 microbes, ten times more than the human cells. Gut bacteria play an important role in human health, such as supplying essential nutrients, synthesizing vitamin K, aiding in the digestion of cellulose, and promoting angiogenesis and enteric nerve function".
And, "However, they can also be potentially harmful due to the change of their composition when the gut ecosystem undergoes abnormal changes in the light of the use of antibiotics, illness, stress, aging, bad dietary habits, and lifestyle. Dysbiosis of the gut bacteria communities can cause many chronic diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease, obesity, cancer, and autism".
Tomato is red, edible fruit, genus Solanum, belonging to family Solanaceae, native to South America. Because of its health benefits, the tomato is grown worldwide for the commercial purpose
and often in the greenhouse.
In the urgency to discover healthy foods for enhancing the ratio of dut microbiota composition researchers examined the effect of consuming tomato products and lycopene on chronic inflammatory disorders associated with intestinal bacteria in an animal model.
The study included Winnie mice as a model of spontaneous ulcerative colitis treated with or without chow enriched with 1% Bronze tomato.
At week 2, the Bronze-enriched chow treated group showed no macroscopic effect on the IBD symptoms.
However, levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines found in the treated mice were significantly reduced, observed by the levels of IL17A and IFNγ.
According to the analysis of the microbial composition, two weeks of Bronze enriched diet demonstrated a strong effect in the improvement of the gut microbiota ratio in the tested mice.
Additional differentiation of the results, researchers found that the efficacy of Bronze tomato in promotion of gut health was attributed to the phytochemical polyphenols presented in the tomato.
Taken altogether, tomato processed a high amount of lycopene may be considered a dietary supplements for the gut health, pending to large sample size and multicenter human study.
Intake of polyphenols in the form of supplement should be taken with extreme care to prevent overdose acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) The impact of tomato fruits containing multi-walled carbon nanotube residues on human intestinal epithelial cell barrier function and intestinal microbiome composition by Lahiani MH 1, Khare S, Cerniglia CE, Boy R, Ivanov IN, Khodakovskaya M. (PubMed)
(2) A Bronze-Tomato Enriched Diet Affects the Intestinal Microbiome under Homeostatic and Inflammatory Conditions.
Liso M1, De Santis S2, Scarano A3, Verna G4, Dicarlo M5, Galleggiante V6, Campiglia P7, Mastronardi M8, Lippolis A9, Vacca M10, Sobolewski A11, Serino G12, Butelli E13, De Angelis M14, Martin C15, Santino A16, Chieppa M. (PubMed)
(3) Impacts of Gut Bacteria on Human Health and Diseases by Yu-Jie Zhang,1 Sha Li,2 Ren-You Gan,3 Tong Zhou,1 Dong-Ping Xu,1 and Hua-Bin Li. (PMC)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne