Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Human skin pigmentation is the result of natural selection evolved to
prevent damage to skin through regulation of ultraviolet radiated
penetration depending to the production of melanin in the skin cells.
a. Vitiligo is defined as a condition of destruction of cells that give your skin its color, causing white patches on your skin.
b. Albinism is a congenital disorder causes of complete or
partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes as a result
of restriction of the skin cells from producing melanin
2.Hyper pigment is a result of over production of pigments of
certain cells in the skin, causing skin darkening in some area, such as
tan or brown patches, commonly on the facial skin
3. Skin discoloring is a result of discoloring your skin in specific spots or very widespread
4. Chloasma is the appearance of brown patches of pigmentation on the forehead, cheeks, and neck
due to hormonal change during pregnancy.
5. Melasma happens to women who have fluctuation of hormones, are
taking birth control pills and certain medications. with
brownish-grayish patches on the skin, most often on the cheek.
Epidemiological studies, linking herbal medicine in skin lighting may have produced certain interest results(a)(b)(c).
Ampelopsis japonica (Bai Lian)
Bai Lian is also known as Japanese Ampelopsis Root, the bitter,
sweet, acrid and cool herb has been used in TCM to redice infection and
to treat carbuncles, sores, scalding injuries, dysentery with blood,
intestine pain, hemorrhoids as it clears Heat, expels toxins, resolves
ulcers, promotes muscle regeneration, etc, by promoting the function of
Ampelopsis japonica may process the property in treating skin
hyperpigmentation disorders, such as melisma. According to the study at
the Macao Polytechnic Institute, Linderagalactone c and
(+)-n-methyllaurotetanine found in Ampelopsis japonica exhibited the
strongest prospects in topical formulations, through high predicted
tyrosinase binding scores and displayed good skin permeation properties in Surflex-Dock and the QSAR-based Dermal Permeability Coefficient Program (DERMWIN) and Skin
Irritation Corrosion Rules Estimation Tool (SICRET) implemented in
Toxtree.(1). The screening of 50 extracts from traditional Chinese
medicines (TCM) used for tyrosinase activity-inhibiting agents,
Ampelopsis japonica showed similar or greater ratio of cell growth
IC(50) to cellular tyrosinase IC(50) when compared with other herbs(2).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Tofu and 600+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
Back to my Home page at http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(a) Tyrosinase modulation by five Rwandese herbal medicines traditionally used for skin treatment by Kamagaju L1, Morandini R, Bizuru E, Nyetera P, Nduwayezu JB, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(b) An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used in Rwanda for voluntary depigmentation by Kamagaju L1, Bizuru E, Minani V, Morandini R, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(c) Tyrosinase inhibition by extracts and constituents of Sideroxylon inerme L. stem bark, used in South Africa for skin lightening by Momtaz S1, Mapunya BM, Houghton PJ, Edgerly C, Hussein A, Naidoo S, Lall N.(PubMed))
(1) In silico prediction of the cosmetic whitening effects of naturally occurring lead compounds by Fong P1, Tong HH.(PubMed)
(2) Screening of Chinese herbal medicines for antityrosinase activity in a cell free system and B16 cells by Ye Y1, Chou GX, Mu DD, Wang H, Chu JH, Leung AK, Fong WF, Yu ZL(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne