Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Human skin pigmentation is the result of natural selection evolved to
prevent damage to skin through regulation of ultraviolet radiated
penetration depending to the production of melanin in the skin cells.
a. Vitiligo is defined as a condition of destruction of cells that give your skin its color, causing white patches on your skin.
b. Albinism is a congenital disorder causes of complete or
partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes as a result
of restriction of the skin cells from producing melanin
2.Hyper pigment is a result of over production of pigments of
certain cells in the skin, causing skin darkening in some area, such as
tan or brown patches, commonly on the facial skin
3. Skin discoloring is a result of discoloring your skin in specific spots or very widespread
4. Chloasma is the appearance of brown patches of pigmentation on the forehead, cheeks, and neck
due to hormonal change during pregnancy.
5. Melasma happens to women who have fluctuation of hormones, are
taking birth control pills and certain medications. with
brownish-grayish patches on the skin, most often on the cheek.
Epidemiological studies, linking herbal medicine in skin lighting may have produced certain interest results(a)(b)(c).
Turmeric is a perennial plant in the genus Curcuma, belonging to
the family Zingiberaceae, native to tropical South Asia. The herb has
been used in trditional medicine as anti-oxidant, hypoglycemic,
colorant, antiseptic, wound healing agent, and to treat flatulence,
bloating, and appetite loss, ulcers, eczema, inflammations, etc.
Curcumin, a major chemical constituents of turmeric, showed to
suppress alpha-MSH-stimulated melanogenesis probably through involvement
of down-regulation of MITF and its downstream signal pathway via
the activation of MEK/ERK or PI3K/Akt(12). Other study conducted by
National University, also showed partial purification from C. longa
(PPC) reduced melanin synthesis via MITF and its downstream signal
pathway including tyrosinase and TRPs in alpha-MSH-induced
melanogenesis, through activation of the MEK/ERK or Akt(13).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Tofu and 600+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
Back to my Home page at http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(a) Tyrosinase modulation by five Rwandese herbal medicines traditionally used for skin treatment by Kamagaju L1, Morandini R, Bizuru E, Nyetera P, Nduwayezu JB, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(b) An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used in Rwanda for voluntary depigmentation by Kamagaju L1, Bizuru E, Minani V, Morandini R, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(c) Tyrosinase inhibition by extracts and constituents of Sideroxylon inerme L. stem bark, used in South Africa for skin lightening by Momtaz S1, Mapunya BM, Houghton PJ, Edgerly C, Hussein A, Naidoo S, Lall N.(PubMed))
(12) Curcumin suppresses alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone-stimulated melanogenesis in B16F10 cells by Lee JH1, Jang JY, Park C, Kim BW, Choi YH, Choi BT.(PubMed)
(13) Partially purified Curcuma longa inhibits
alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone-stimulated melanogenesis through
extracellular signal-regulated kinase or Akt activation-mediated
signalling in B16F10 cells by Jang JY1, Lee JH, Jeong SY, Chung KT, Choi YH, Choi BT.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne