Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Human skin pigmentation is the result of natural selection evolved to
prevent damage to skin through regulation of ultraviolet radiated
penetration depending to the production of melanin in the skin cells.
a. Vitiligo is defined as a condition of destruction of cells that give your skin its color, causing white patches on your skin.
b. Albinism is a congenital disorder causes of complete or
partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes as a result
of restriction of the skin cells from producing melanin
2.Hyper pigment is a result of over production of pigments of
certain cells in the skin, causing skin darkening in some area, such as
tan or brown patches, commonly on the facial skin
3. Skin discoloring is a result of discoloring your skin in specific spots or very widespread
4. Chloasma is the appearance of brown patches of pigmentation on the forehead, cheeks, and neck
due to hormonal change during pregnancy.
5. Melasma happens to women who have fluctuation of hormones, are
taking birth control pills and certain medications. with
brownish-grayish patches on the skin, most often on the cheek.
Epidemiological studies, linking herbal medicine in skin lighting may have produced certain interest results(a)(b)(c).
Chinese gall (Wu Bei zi)
Wu Bei Zi is also known as Chinese Gall. The sour, tart and cold
herb has been used in TCM to treat chronic cough, chronic diarrhea
with or without infection, spermatorrhea, night sweating, bleeding not
during menses, etc., as it restrains Lungs, moves Fire downwards,
strengthens the Intestines andthe Essence, prevents sweating, stops
bleeding, etc. by enhancing the functions of lung, large intestine and
Chinese gall extract in the testing against mushroom tyrosinase activity
inhibition, using ultraviolet A (UVA) or alpha-melanocyte-stimulating
hormone (alpha-MSH) to stimulate B16 cells showed a promising effect in
inhibition of melanin biosynthesis associated with hyperpigmentation in a
dose-dependent manner, according to National Chiayi University(7). In
Mouse melanocyte cell lines, water extract of Galla Chinensis, showed to
exhibit higher depigmentation activity, affecting lower tyrosinase
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Tofu and 600+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
Back to my Home page at http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(a) Tyrosinase modulation by five Rwandese herbal medicines traditionally used for skin treatment by Kamagaju L1, Morandini R, Bizuru E, Nyetera P, Nduwayezu JB, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(b) An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used in Rwanda for voluntary depigmentation by Kamagaju L1, Bizuru E, Minani V, Morandini R, Stévigny C, Ghanem G, Duez P.(PubMed)
(c) Tyrosinase inhibition by extracts and constituents of Sideroxylon inerme L. stem bark, used in South Africa for skin lightening by Momtaz S1, Mapunya BM, Houghton PJ, Edgerly C, Hussein A, Naidoo S, Lall N.(PubMed))
(7) Melanogenesis inhibition by gallotannins from Chinese galls in B16 mouse melanoma cells by Chen LG1, Chang WL, Lee CJ, Lee LT, Shih CM, Wang CC.(PubMed)
(8) Depigmentation of melanocytes by the treatment of extracts from traditional Chinese herbs: a cell culture assay by Zhong S1, Wu Y, Soo-Mi A, Zhao J, Wang K, Yang S, Jae-Ho Y, Zhu X.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne