Colorectum is the digestive organ containing the colon and the rectum.
The colon formed part of the large intestine plays a critical role in re-absorbing fluids and processing waste products from the body for elimination.
The colon consists of four parts: descending colon, ascending colon, transverse colon, and sigmoid colon
The rectum or the part of the large intestine nearest the rectum plays a temporary storehouse for feces.
Colorectal cancer is a chronic condition characterized by abnormal proliferation of cells in the colon, rectum, or vermiform appendix.
Colorectal cancer is relatively very common and slowly growing cancer in the US. colorectal cancer has also been found to progress in a predictable way.
The disease is more common in people over the age of 50. Regular colonoscopy after age of 50 is valuable to detect the disease in the early stage, thereby increasing the rate of survival.
According to the statistics provided by the American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer, including cancer in the colon or rectum is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined in the United States.
Approximately, in 100 cases of colorectal cancer, 71% of cases arise in the colon compared to 29% in the rectum.
Most common types of colorectal cancer classified depending on the primary originated cells are
Most bowel cancers are adenocarcinomas, originated in epithelium tissues, including the surface layer of skin, glands and their tissues that line the cavities and organs of the body.
* Squamous cell cancers
Squamous cells are the skin-like cells that make up the bowel lining together with the gland cells. Squamous cell cancers are rare with the risk of 25 per 100000 population.
The small, white navy bean, also called pea bean or haricot, popular in both dry and green forms, is very popular in Britain and the US, native to Peru. It is now grown and consumed across the world, due to their numerous health benefits.
On finding a potential compound for the prevention and treatment of cancer, researchers examined the effects of consumption of navy beans (NB) and rice bran (RB) on CRC survivors' serum inflammatory biomarkers and telomere lengths.
The study included 29 subjects completed a randomized controlled trial with foods that included cooked NB powder (35 g/day), heat-stabilized RB (30 g/day), or no additional ingredient.
According to the tested analysis,* NB or RB consumed equated to 4-9% of subjects' daily caloric intake. Increased consumption NB or RB showed no effects on major gastrointestinal issues.
* Furthermore, NB or RB consumed increased dietary fiber amounts at Weeks 2 and 4 compared to baseline and to control.
* NB or RB consumed also increased the telomere length correlated with age and HDL cholesterol compared to baseline, accompanied by improving serum amyloid A (SAA) levels at Week 4.
Additonally, in CRC chemoprevention, in the study of the effects on eating SRB (30 g/day) or cooked navy bean powder (35 g/day) on gut microbiota and metabolites on colorectal cancer survivors, Dr. the lead scientist found that SRB or NBP showed increased gut bacterial diversity and altered gut microbial composition at 28 days associated with CRC prevention.
Collectively, these results strongly suggested that NB or RB consumption improve the parameters associated with CRC chemoprevention.
Taken altogether, the fermented navy bean may be considered a remedy for the prevention and treatment of colorectal cancer, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) A Randomized Controlled Trial to Increase Navy Bean or Rice Bran Consumption in Colorectal Cancer Survivors by Borresen EC1, Brown DG1, Harbison G1, Taylor L1, Fairbanks A1, O'Malia J2, Bazan M2, Rao S3, Bailey SM1, Wdowik M4,5, Weir TL4, Brown RJ6, Ryan EP. (PubMed)
(2) Dietary supplementation with rice bran or navy bean alters gut bacterial metabolism in colorectal cancer survivors by Sheflin AM1, Borresen EC2, Kirkwood JS3, Boot CM4, Whitney AK1, Lu S1, Brown RJ5, Broeckling CD3, Ryan EP2, Weir TL. (PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne