Posture is a state of holding the body still in a specific position, such as standing and sitting.
Yoga, the ancient practical technique for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement, and gesture..... has been best known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the concerns of the adverse effect of yoga posture in pregnant women, researchers at the Jersey Shore University Medical Center filed the study of 25 healthy pregnant women with 10 assigned to regular yoga practice, 8 to familiar with yoga, and 7 with no yoga experience, matching age, race, body mass index, gestational age, and parity in each group, researchers found that
1. There was no change in maternal heart rate, temperature, pulse oximetry(the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood in a pulsating vessel), or fetal heart rate
2. The fetal heart rate across all 26 postures was normal.
3. There were no falls or injuries during the total cumulative 650 poses
Furthermore, after taking into account of other confounders researchers insisted that yoga posture also do not express a decreased fetal movement, contractions, leakage of fluid, or vaginal bleeding in the 24-hour follow-up.
Yoga postures have been found to ease back pain, indigestion, stress, and other pregnancy-related issues and to help you get smoothly through the next nine months.
However, some researchers suggested that some yoga postures must be avoided during pregnancy for the safety of mother and baby, such as inversions and prone postures which may have potential in twisting your torso and close in on your belly, pressuring the belly,.....
Pregnant women should discuss with their doctors before taking any class of yoga.
In support of yoga posture efficacy in reduced certain complications during pregnancy, Dr. Martins RF the lead author and colleagues at the UNICAMP School of Medicine, conducted a randomized controlled trial with 60 pregnant women (age range, 14-40 years) with report of lumbopelvic pain at 12 to 32 weeks of gestation from June 2009 to June 2011 assigned to the yoga group, practicing exercises guided by this method, and the postural orientation group, performing standardized posture orientation according to instructions provided in a pamphlet, suggested that
1. Yoga group expressed a significant improvement of median pain score in compared to postural orientation group.
2. Both groups showed a decreased response in relation to posterior pelvic pain provocation tests and a gradual reduction in pain intensity during 10 yoga sessions.
After taking into account of other co-founders, researchers postulated that although yoga group displayed a high score in reduced pain as indicated by the pain provocation tests, standardized posture orientation may also be considered as another form of exercise in improved pregnancy outcome.
Indeed, according to Bec Conant, prenatal yoga instructor at Om Births and birth doula in Boston, (Yoga helps) women to develop strength, flexibility, and confidence throughout their pregnancy and post-partum.
More interestingly, in the study of 335 women of 18 and 20 weeks of pregnancy attending the antenatal clinic at Gunasheela Surgical and Maternity Hospital in Bangalore, India, assigned to either (n=169)yoga postures and breathing, and meditation group and (n=166) or control group, researchers found that yoga postures and breathing, and meditation group showed a higher birth weight and gestational age at delivery as well as lowering pregnancy complications such as isolated intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) (p < 0.003) and pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH) with associated IUGR (p < 0.025) in compared to control.
More importantly, there was no report of significant adverse effects noted in the yoga group.
For More information on yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton, Master of Nutrition
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga in Pregnancy: An Examination of Maternal and Fetal Responses to 26 Yoga Postures by Polis RL1, Gussman D, Kuo YH.(PubMed)
(2) Treatment of pregnancy-related lumbar and pelvic girdle pain by the yoga method: a randomized controlled study by Martins RF1, Pinto e Silva JL.(PubMed)
(2) Efficacy of yoga on pregnancy outcome by Narendran S1, Nagarathna R, Narendran V, Gunasheela S, Nagendra HR.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1300 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne