Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Alfalfa is a flowering plant in the genus Medicago, belonging
to the family Fabaceae, It has been cultivated all over the world as
hay for cattle feeding. The leaves, sprouts, and seeds to make
medicine has been used in traditional medicine over thousands of year
to treat high cholesterol, asthma, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid
arthritis, diabetes, enhance digestive system, bleeding disorder,
kidney and urinary tract infection, etc. North America aboriginal has
used Alfalfa seed as food, such as making bread and mush.
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma) that
supply the ducts with milk. there is also rare cases that breast cancer
starts in other areas of the breast. In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of
breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone
and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a
women is 1/8.
1. Essential amino acids
8. Beta carotene
9. vitamin C
10. vitamins D
12. Vitamin K
chemical constituents include flavones, isoflavones, sterols, Bichanin A
Coumestrol Diadzein Formonetin Genisteincoumarin derivatives, etc.
Alfalfa, as an Estrogenic botanical
supplements may be used to relieve symptoms of sleep interruption,
according to the study of health-related quality of life, fatigue, and
hormone-related symptoms in breast cancer survivors. Menopausal
symptoms, primarily hot flashes, affects approximately two thirds of
menopausal and post menopausal women, botanicals and dietary supplement
(BDS), Coumestrol, a phytoestrogenic compound in alfalfa, found to block physiological estrogen-induced tumor cell
growth in vitro and can also stimulate growth of estrogen at high dietary
concentrations in the absence of endogenous estrogens; these actions are correlated to its entrogenic and antiestrogenic response patterns.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(1) Drug-induced lupus: an update by Vasoo S.(PubMed)
botanical supplements, health-related quality of life, fatigue, and
hormone-related symptoms in breast cancer survivors: a HEAL study
report by Ma H, Sullivan-Halley J,
Smith AW, Neuhouser ML, Alfano CM, Meeske K, George SM, McTiernan A,
McKean-Cowdin R, Baumgartner KB, Ballard-Barbash R, Bernstein L.(PubMed)
(3) Proliferative and anti-proliferative effects
of dietary levels of phytoestrogens in rat pituitary GH3/B6/F10 cells -
the involvement of rapidly activated kinases and caspases by Jeng YJ, Watson CS.(PubMed)
The Side effects
1. High amount of vitamin K may reduce the effectiveness of anticogulation medicine
2. Causing additive effects for women who are under estrogen replacement therapy or taking the oral contraceptive pill.
3. It may cause stomach upset and diarrhea
4. The herb may induce lupus erythematosu due to its chemical constituent L-canavanine.
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne