Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is defined as
endocrinologic diseases caused by undeveloped follicles clumping on the
ovaries that interferes with the function of the normal ovaries as
resulting of enlarged ovaries, leading to hormone imbalance( excessive
androgen), resulting in male pattern
hair development, acne,irregular period or absence of period, weight
gain and effecting fertility. It effects over 5% of women population or 1
in 20 women.
Berberine, is a phytochemical found in the group of protoberberine group
of isoquinoline alkaloids, in many herbal plants including Oregon
grape, barberry, turmeric, goldenseal, etc.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
is characterized of metabolic disorder associated with insulin
resistance (IR). Herbal medicine has been studied throughout research
community to find a little or no effect treatment with some successes.
Berberine, a chemical constituent found in many herbs, has exerted its
health benefits by improving improved some of the metabolic and hormonal
derangements in a group of Eighty-nine subjects with PCOS and IR treated Chinese women with PCOS.
When compare to metformin (MET), the phytochemical Berberine showed
decrease in waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio, fasting plasma
glucose, fasting insulin, homeostasis model assessment for IR, area
under the curve of insulin, cholesterol and triglycerides as well as
increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and sex
hormone-binding. Other in the study of the same but in combination with
Letrozole, showed the effectiveness of berberine in lowering blood
sugar levels in db/db mice and exerting anti-dyslipidemia in human.
These results indicated that berberine may be considered a potential
source in treating Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOs).
The side effects
1. Bernerine may cause toxicity and reduced fetus weight
2. Do use berberine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women and newborns.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(1) A clinical study on the short-term effect of berberine in comparison
to metformin on the metabolic characteristics of women with polycystic
ovary syndrome by Wei W, Zhao H, Wang A by Sui M, Liang K, Deng H, Ma Y,
Zhang Y, Zhang H, Guan Y.(PubMed)
(2) Effect of Berberine on Hormonal and Metabolic Features in Obese
Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)14:32 EST 15th January 2014 |
(3) Developmental toxicity evaluation of berberine in rats and mice by Jahnke GD, Price CJ, Marr MC, Myers CB, George JD.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne