Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Burdock is plant in the group of biennial thistles, genus Arctium, belonging to the family Asteraceae, native to the Euro. It has been used over thousand of years in Chins and other traditional herbal medicine as a diuretic, diaphoretic, and a blood purifying agent and to treat wounds and infections stomach ulcers and other digestive problems.
is a class of diseases in which a group of cells growing and
multiplying disordered and uncontrollable way in our body, have become
progressively worse and damaged other healthy tissues, sometimes spreads
to other organs in the body via lymph or blood and results may be in
It contains carbonated water, sugar,, manloid colourings, phosphoric acid, citric acid and a
good amount of dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, and amino acids and
chemicals compounds of guaianolide, arctinone, arctinal, methyl
lactone，dehydrodihydrocostus lactone, 3-octenoic acid, 3-hexenoic acid
Arctigenin, a dietary phytoestrogen and natural lignan product of Arctium lappa L inhibited human breast cancer MDA-MB-231 cell growth by inducing apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. Other lignan constituen, Arctiin ofof Arctium lappa, induced suppression of cyclin D1 protein expression occurs in various
types of human tumor cells, including osteosarcoma, lung, colorectal,
cervical and breast cancer, melanoma, transformed renal cells and prostate cancer.
The Side effects
1. Overdose can be poisoning and may lead to symptoms of acute poisoning include phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, and antihistamines.
It may cause dermatitis and allergic/inflammatory responses to
certain people with contact as a result of lactones which the plant
3. Do not use burdock if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
(1) Arctigenin, a dietary phytoestrogen, induces apoptosis of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells through the ROS/p38 MAPK pathway and epigenetic regulation by Hsieh CJ, Kuo PL, Hsu YC, Huang YF, Tsai EM, Hsu YL.(PubMed)
(2) Arctiin induces cell growth inhibition through the down-regulation
of cyclin D1 expression by Matsuzaki Y, Koyama M, Hitomi T, Yokota T,
Kawanaka M, Nishikawa A, Germain D, Sakai T.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne