Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Cat's claw found in in the tropical jungles of South
and Central America, is a genus Uncaria, belonging to the family
Rubiaceae. It has been used in traditional medicine over two thousand
years as a tonic, contraceptive, anti-inflammatory and infectious
agent, and to treat diarrhea, rheumatic disorders, acne, diabetes,
cancer and diseases of the urinary tract, etc..
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma) that
supply the ducts with milk. there is also rare cases that breast cancer
starts in other areas of the breast. In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of
breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone
and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a
women is 1/8.
The chemical constustuents of Cat's claw include, ajmalicine,
akuammigine, campesterol, catechin, carboxyl alkyl esters, chlorogenic
acid, cinchonain, corynantheine, corynoxeine, daucosterol, epicatechin,
harman, hirsuteine, hirsutine, iso-pteropodine, etc.
Claw's claw has been used in folk medicine in South-American history for treatment of cancers,
arthritis, gastritis and epidemic diseases. In previous article, Cat's
claw has exerted its anti breast caner activity in MT-3 cell lines as
well as some other forms of cancers, but in other study of some extracts
and their chromatographic fractions from Cat's claw, researcher found
that beside possessed antimutagenic activity, the extracts and
fractions also consisted a direct antiproliferative activity on MCF7
cell line, with about 90% of inhibition at a concentration of 100 mg/ml.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
1. It may cause allergic reaction, including itching, rash and allergic inflammation of the kidneys, etc. to certain people, according to the article of `Uncaria Tomentosa`by Wikipedia(a)
2. If you are taking blood pressure medicines, blood-thinning medications, hormones, or insulin do not take cat's claw
3. Do not take Cat's claw if you are pregnant or breast feeding with out approval of your related field specialist
4. Do not take cat’s claw if you have low blood pressure or an
autoimmune disease (such as lupus or multiple sclerosis) or have had an
organ or bone marrow transplant.
(1) Topical plant data base (Rain tree)
(2) The antiproliferative effects of Uncaria tomentosa extracts and fractions on the growth of breast cancer cell line bt Riva L, Coradini D, Di Fronzo G, De Feo V, De Tommasi N, De Simone F, Pizza C.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne