Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
a flowering plant ofthe species of Pimpinella anisum, genus Pimpinella,
belonging to the family Apiaceae native to to Egypt and the
Mediterranean region. The popular herb has been used in traditional
herbal medicine as fragrance in soaps, oils, and mouth fresheners and
stomachic, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, carminative, digestive,
expectorant, stimulant and tonic agent to treat head-lice and mites,
increase blood pressure, prevent formation of gas in the
gastrointestinal tract and menstrual cramps, etc.
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma) that
supply the ducts with milk. there is also rare cases that breast cancer
starts in other areas of the breast. In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of
breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone
and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a
women is 1/8.
Beside the main ingredient Anethole, it also contains, D-pinene, I-phellandrene, Alpha-terpineol, Safrol, Methyl chavicol, Resin, Shikimic acid, etc.
Genetic mutation of DNA play key roles in the development of
human breast cancers. (NF-kappaB), the a protein responsible for
cytokine production and cell survival, has been implicated in
oncogenesis of breast cancers and is
known to be associated with resistance to anticancer agents and
apoptosis, there fore, Blocking NF-kappaB signaling may represent a
therapeutic strategy in breast cancer therapy. epoxypseudoisoeugenol-2-methylbutyrate (EPB), a component of Anise, inhibited the proliferation of both MCF-7 and BT-549 cells in a
concentration- and time-dependent manner. EPB induced cell cycle arrest
in G(1)/G(0) phase and apoptosis in both MCF-7 and BT 549 cells. Other in the study of aqueous extractsof Pimpinella anisum, indicated that extracts studied at a concentration range 10-100 microg/mL stimulate
osteoblastic cell differentiation and exhibit antiestrogenic effect on
breast cancer cells without proliferative effects on cervical adenocarcinoma cells.
The Side Effects
1. If you have high blood pressure or pregnant please consult with your doctor or related field specialist before applying.
2. Star Anise is toxic.
3. Skin Irritation
Allergic reaction such as mouth and lip inflammation.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(4) "[Apparent life-threatening event in infants: think about star anise intoxication!].[Article in French] by Perret C, Tabin R, Marcoz JP, Llor J, Cheseaux JJ., (PubMed)
(2) Inhibition of NF-kappaB-mediated transcription and induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells by epoxypseudoisoeugenol-2-methyl butyrate by Ma G, Tabanca N, Husnu Can Baser K, Kirimer N, Pasco DS, Khan IA, Khan SI.(PubMed)
(3)Greek plant extracts exhibit selective estrogen receptor modulator
(SERM)-like properties by Kassi E, Papoutsi Z, Fokialakis N, Messari I,
Mitakou S, Moutsatsou P.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne