Posted by Chantel Martiromo, Article By Kyle J. Norton
Cruciferous vegetables are the group of
vegetables belonging to the family Brassicaceae, including cauliflower,
cabbage, cress, bok choy, broccoli etc..
A free radical is any atom or molecule that has a single unpaired
electron in an outer shell and highly reactive to react with other
cell, which in turn, causes oxidative damage to the enzymes, other
protein, unsaturated fatty acid, phospho-lipids, DNA and RNA, etc.,
leading to aging of the organisms, as a result of widespread damage due
to set of a chain reaction auto-catalytically after attacking the lipid
bilayers of the cell walls.
Nutrients and chemical constituents
3. Dietary fiber
4. Omega 3 fatty acid
7. Lutein and
9. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
10. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
11. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
12. Pantothenic acid (B5)
13. Vitamin B6
14. Folate (Vit. B9)
15. Vitamin C
Its chemical constutuents include glucosinolates, dithiolthiones,
indoles , glucoraphanin, s-methyl cysteine sulfoxide, isothiocyanates,
Isothiocyanates, the major phytochemical found in cruciferous vegetables, including broccoli
and watercress, have been studied extensively for its chemopreventive
properties, as it enhances the detoxification processes of that prevent
the initial activation of abnormal cell growth, including human cervical
cancer cells, human pancreatic cancer cells, human hepatocellular carcinoma cells, human ovarian cancer cells. More evidences emerged to suggest that ITCs may not only prevent cancer initiation by altering carcinogen metabolism but also inhibit post-initiation cancer
development by suppressing the process of tumor progression.
Isothiocyanates, the may be chemopreventive agent also interacted with
glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) to the process of cell detoxification.
These results suggested that Isothiocyanates, may be the potential;
agent in preventing and treating cancers.
The Side effects1.
People who has over production of IgM immunoglobulins which makes blood
thicken should talk to their doctor before taking high amount of
2. Allergic reaction??
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
(1) Cancer chemoprevention with dietary isothiocyanates mature for clinical translational research by Singh SV, Singh K.(PubMed)
(2) Organ-specific exposure and response to sulforaphane, a key chemopreventive ingredient in broccoli: implications for cancer prevention by Veeranki OL, Bhattacharya A, Marshall JR, Zhang Y.(PubMed)
(3) The anti-oxidant properties of isothiocyanates: a review by de Figueiredo SM, Filho SA, Nogueira-Machado JA, Caligiorne RB.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne