Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is defined as endocrinologic diseases caused by undeveloped follicles clumping on the ovaries that interferes with the function of the normal ovaries as resulting of enlarged ovaries, leading to hormone imbalance( excessive androgen), resulting in male pattern hair development, acne,irregular period or absence of period, weight gain and effecting fertility. It effects over 5% of women population or 1 in 20 women.
Tanshinones, is chemical component in Salvia miltiorrhiza (Dan
Shen) which is a perennial plant in the genus Salvia, Native to China
and Japan. The popular herb has been used in traditional Chinese
medicine in treating dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, palpable tumors, angina,
restlessness, insomnia, irritability, etc..
The effects of cryptotanshinone in patients with Polycystic Ovarian
Syndrome (PCOs) is found to decrease excessive androgens by inhibiting
steroid hormone production in the theca cells in the ovary as well
as improving insulin resistance and glucose metabolism mediated by its
dual regulation of key molecules during both insulin signaling and
androgen synthesis within prenatally androgenized ovaries. As the
results, cryptotanshinone isolated from Salvia miltiorrhiza (Dan Shen)
may be considered as a naturally derived compound with potential
to prove effective in eradicating PCOS symptomatology in women.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to my home page http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/
The Side effects
1. The herb alcoholic extract may cause severe itching, stomachache, or reduced appetite
2. Dan shen may interact with other blood thinning medicine such as warfarin, heparin, etc.
3. Consume Dan Shen with Soy or sao products can reduce the effectiveness of the herb
4. Do not use the herb in newborn, children or if you are pregnant or
breast feeding without consulting first with the related field
(1) Effects of tanshinone on hyperandrogenism and the quality of life in
women with polycystic ovary syndrome: protocol of a double-blind,
placebo-controlled, randomised trial by Shen W, Zhang Y, Li W, Cong J,
Zhou Y, Ng EH, Wu X.(PubMed)
(2) Cryptotanshinone reverses reproductive and metabolic disturbances in
prenatally androgenized rats via regulation of ovarian signaling
mechanisms and androgen synthesis by
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne