Kyle J. Norton(Scholar, Master of Nutrients), all right reserved.
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of Lactose intolerance
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
3/4 cup fermented milk drink
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup rice milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding of a natural source for treatment of Lactose intolerance has been running into many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially with promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Lactose intolerance is a condition of the inability of the digestive system to digest lactose, a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. Chronic consumption of a probiotic may improve symptoms and decrease hydrogen production intake in lactose-intolerant patients, according to the State University of Campinas, Campinas(1).
Yogurt is a healthy foods produced by bacterial fermentation of milk. One of most common natural probiotic foods used to enhance function of digestive system may also be beneficiary for treatment of patients with Lactose intolerance. In the study of lactose intolerance in persistent diarrhoea during childhood, researchers at the The Aga Khan University suggested, a traditional rice-lentil (Khitchri) in combination of yogurt attenuated the 80% symptom of diarrhea in children with lactose intolerance(2).
Dr. Nizami SQ and professors at the Aga Khan University also said, " (the) cheap weaning diet made of locally available cereals and yogurt can be used effectively in management of secondary lactose intoleranceassociated with acute childhood diarrhoea"(3).
Furthermore, in a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, 5-arm crossover study on 24 lactose malabsorbers with variable degrees of lactase deficiency, conducted by joint study lead by the Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, confirmed "the combined administration of freeze-dried yogurt cultures and acid lactase increases lactose digestion more than either freeze-dried yogurt cultures or acid lactase alone, and more lactose malabsorbers may be benefits from this effect"(4).
Fermented milk and fermented milk products, cultured dairy produced has been recommended to patient with lactose intolerance(5) as they are carriers of probiotics with function in improvement of digestive activity(6).
DR. Zhao XF and colleagues at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said, "low lactose milks(fermented milk) and yogurt could reduce the LI incidence among LI children significantly"(7).
The finding of the effectiveness of fermented milk and yogurt may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies as well as a potential medication for treatment of Lactose intolerance.
People with Lactose intolerance should drink the juices as much as they can depending to digestive toleration.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Beneficial effects of long-term consumption of a probiotic combination of Lactobacillus casei Shirota and Bifidobacterium breve Yakult may persist after suspension of therapy in lactose-intolerant patients by Almeida CC1, Lorena SL, Pavan CR, Akasaka HM, Mesquita MA.(PubMed)
(2) Lactose intolerance in persistent diarrhoea during childhood: the role of a traditional rice-lentil (Khitchri) andyogurt diet in nutritional management by Bhutta ZA1, Nizami SQ, Isani Z.(PubMed)
(3) Efficacy of traditional rice-lentil-yogurt diet, lactose free milk protein-based formula and soy protein formula in management of secondary lactose intolerance with acute childhood diarrhoea by Nizami SQ1, Bhutta ZA, Molla AM.(PubMed)
(4) A combination of acid lactase from Aspergillus oryzae and yogurt bacteria improves lactose digestion in lactosemaldigesters synergistically: A randomized, controlled, double-blind cross-over trial by de Vrese M1, Laue C2, Offick B3, Soeth E4, Repenning F5, Thoß A5, Schrezenmeir J3.(PubMed)
(5) Fermented milks and milk products as functional foods--a review by Shiby VK1, Mishra HN.(PubMed)
(6) Probiotic bacteria in fermented foods: product characteristics and starter organisms by Heller KJ1.(PubMed)
(7) [The methods to reduce the prevalence of lactose intolerance in children].[Article in Chinese] by Zhao XF1, Pan LL, Meng J, Wang Y, Yin SA.(PubMed)