Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Epidemiological studies, linking herbs in reduced risk and treatment of asthma have been inconclusive but certain herbs have been found to be effectively in some studies.
Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is a liquid extracted from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. The herb has been used in traditional medicine as an anti bacterial, viral, fungal, parasites and to enhance immune system, protect against colds and flu and malignant disease. Grape seed extract (GSPE) may alleviate the symptoms od asthma through its antioxidant activities. According to the study of University of Ulsan College of Medicine, GSPE effectively suppressed inflammation in both acute and chronic mouse models of asthma, through reduced airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR), decreased inflammatory cells in the BAL fluid, reduced lung inflammation and and decreased IL-4, IL-5, IL-13, and eotaxin-1 expression(14) by downregulating the iNOS expression(15). Other study suggested that GSE significantly ameliorated of the pathological changes of ovalbumin-induced asthma, through inhibition of altered the lung parenchyma pathology and inflammation in ovalbumin-induced murine asthma model(16).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(14) Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract attenuates allergic inflammation in murine models of asthma by Lee T1, Kwon HS, Bang BR, Lee YS, Park MY, Moon KA, Kim TB, Lee KY, Moon HB, Cho YS.(PubMed)
(15) Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract attenuates airway inflammation and hyperresponsiveness in a murine model of asthma by downregulating inducible nitric oxide synthase by Zhou DY1, Du Q, Li RR, Huang M, Zhang Q, Wei GZ.(PubMed)
(16) Grape seed extract attenuates lung parenchyma pathology in ovalbumin-induced mouse asthma model: an ultrastructural study by Mahmoud YI.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne