Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Recipe contributed by 30 minutes vegetarian recipes by Marie-laude Morin, Publisher Robert Rose at www,robertrose.ca
Using canned chickpeas means you can prepare this hummus in just a few Minutes with no cooking required. Serve with toasted pita chips.
Tips: this recipe can be lighter by replacing 1 tbsp. (15mL) olive oil with the same amount of water. It's just as tasty. For presentation, drizzle a little olive oil on top and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
11/2 cup drained rinsed canned chickpeas (375mL)
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped 1
3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (45mL)
1 tbsp. olive oil (15mL)
1 tbsp. tahini (15mL)
1/2 tsp. salt (2mL)
Freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, puree chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, 3 tbsp. (45mL) water, tahini and pepper to taste, until smooth and creamy.
Variation: Fresh herb hummus: Add 2 tbsp. (30mL) fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, 6 fresh basil leaves and 2 tsp. (10mL) thyme leaves with chickpeas. Make 12.
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne