Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Apple is the pomaceous fruit of the apple tree, a species of the rose family Rosaceae. It is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits. The tree is originated in Central Asia. Drinking apple juice from concentrate at least once a day (compared with less than once a month) might be negatively associated with current wheeze (17a). According to the Cornell University, phenolics, flavonoids and carotenoids of apple may play a key role in reducing chronic disease risk, including asthma(17)(18)(19). The study at the King's College London, showed a possibly protective effect of apple in reduced risk of the presence of other flavonoids or polyphenols on obstructive lung disease, instead of catechins, flavonols and flavones(20). According to the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Belladonna alkaloids, derived from the thorn-apple plant were used to treat asthma in 1905, and chemically synthesized entities in this class were still in use today(21).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(17) Apple phytochemicals and their health benefits by Boyer J1, Liu RH.(PubMed)
(17a) Childhood asthma and fruit consumption by Okoko BJ1, Burney PG, Newson RB, Potts JF, Shaheen SO.(PubMed)
(18) A comprehensive review of apples and apple components and their relationship to human health by Hyson DA.(PubMed)
(19) Dietary antioxidants and asthma in adults: population-based case-control study by Shaheen SO1, Sterne JA, Thompson RL, Songhurst CE, Margetts BM, Burney PG.(PubMed)
(20) Dietary intake of flavonoids and asthma in adults by Garcia V1, Arts IC, Sterne JA, Thompson RL, Shaheen SO.(PubMed)
(21) Asthma: one hundred years of treatment and onward by Chu EK1, Drazen JM.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne