Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Broccoli is a mustard/cabbage plant, belong to the family Brassicaceae. It has large flower heads, usually green in color and the mass of flower heads is surrounded by leaves and evolved from a wild cabbage plant on the continent of Europe.
Sulforaphane, a major chemical compound found in broccoli sprout demonstrated the potential preventive and therapeutic potential. Broccoli or broccoli sprouts rich in glucoraphanin reduced the impact of particulate pollution on allergic disease and asthma, according to David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA(14).In (OVA)-induced murine asthma model, Sulforaphane significantly alleviated the OVA-induced airway hyperresponsiveness possiblt through suppressed the increase in the levels of SOCS-3 and GATA-3 and IL-4 expression in the OVA-challenged mice(15).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(14) Sulforaphane-rich broccoli sprout extract attenuates nasal allergic response to diesel exhaust particles by Heber D1, Li Z, Garcia-Lloret M, Wong AM, Lee TY, Thames G, Krak M, Zhang Y, Nel A.(PubMed)
(15) Sulforaphane inhibits the Th2 immune response in ovalbumin-induced asthma by Park JH1, Kim JW, Lee CM, Kim YD, Chung SW, Jung ID, Noh KT, Park JW, Heo DR, Shin YK, Seo JK, Park YM.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne