Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) or ginger root is the genus Zingiber, belonging to the family Zingiberaceae, native to Tamil. It has been used in traditional and Chinese medicine to treat dyspepsia, gastroparesis, constipation, edema, difficult urination, colic, etc.
Purified components of ginger was found to be effective in relax airway smooth muscle (ASM), through involvement of PDE4D inhibition and cytoskeletal regulatory proteins. Together with other chemical constituents such as β-agonists, 6-gingerol, 8-gingerol, or 6-shogaol may augment existing asthma therapy, insisted by Columbia University study(11). Quercetin, a chemical compound found in ginger, relaxed airway smooth muscle via cAMP-mediated pathways and augments β-agonist relaxation(12). The Columbia University Medical Center study also found many ginger's isolated active components, -gingerol, -gingerol, and -shogaol, relax ASM, and -gingerol attenuated airway hyperresponsiveness, in part by altering [Ca(2+)](i) regulation(13).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(11) Active components of ginger potentiate β-agonist-induced relaxation of airway smooth muscle by modulating cytoskeletal regulatory proteins by Townsend EA1, Zhang Y, Xu C, Wakita R, Emala CW.(PubMed)
(12) Quercetin acutely relaxes airway smooth muscle and potentiates β-agonist-induced relaxation via dual phosphodiesterase inhibition of PLCβ and PDE4 by Townsend EA1, Emala CW Sr.(PubMed)
(13) Effects of ginger and its constituents on airway smooth muscle relaxation and calcium regulation by Townsend EA1, Siviski ME, Zhang Y, Xu C, Hoonjan B, Emala CW.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne