Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Epidemiological studies, linking herbs in reduced risk and treatment of asthma have been inconclusive but certain herbs have been found to be effectively in some studies.
Tomato is a red, edible fruit, genus Solanum, belonging to the family Solanaceae, native to South America. Because of its health benefits, tomato is grown world wide for commercial purpose
and often in green house.
High-antioxidant diet is associated to reduced risk of asthma, according to University of Newcastle, whole foods intake such as tomatoes showed to alter clinical asthma outcomes of patient who were in low antioxidant given tomato extract (45 mg lycopene/d)(4). The John Hunter Hospital study also supported the role of tomato juice and extract in reduced airway neutrophil influx with tomato extract also reduced sputum neutrophil elastase activity(5). Naringenin chalcone, the other polyphenols found in the skin of red tomatoes, showed to suppresses asthmatic symptoms through inhibition of Th2 cytokine production from CD4 T(6).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(4) Manipulating antioxidant intake in asthma: a randomized controlled trial by Wood LG1, Garg ML, Smart JM, Scott HA, Barker D, Gibson PG.(PubMed)
(5) Lycopene-rich treatments modify noneosinophilic airway inflammation in asthma: proof of concept by Wood LG1, Garg ML, Powell H, Gibson PG.(PubMed)
(6) Naringenin chalcone suppresses allergic asthma by inhibiting the type-2 function of CD4 T cells by Iwamura C1, Shinoda K, Yoshimura M, Watanabe Y, Obata A, Nakayama T.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne