Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Respiratory Disease is defined as medical conditions which affect the breathing organ and tissues including Inflammatory lung disease, Obstructive lung diseases, Restrictive lung diseases, Respiratory tract infections, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, the nerves and muscles breathing , etc.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing. The disease affects people of all ages, and mostly starts during childhood. According to American academy, allergy, asthma and immunology, about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma and 1 in 12 adults (8%) had asthma in 2009. (about 25 million, or 8% of the U.S. population).
Epidemiological studies, linking herbs in reduced risk and treatment of asthma have been inconclusive but certain herbs have been found to be effectively in some studies.
Ma-Xing-Gan-Shi-Tang (MXGST) is a Chinese herbal formula, included Ephedra, Apricot seed, R.Gypsum and Licorice frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine for asthmatic children in nationwide clinical database in Taiwan(36). According to the Institute of Chinese Medical Science, China Medical, College, Taichung, Taiwan, in actively sensitized guinea pig study, administration of MXGST (10 g/kg) extracts significantly inhibited the antigen induced immediate asthmatic responses(IAR), through stimulation of beta2-adrenoceptors on bronchial smooth muscle and its anti-inflammatory ability to inhibit the neutrophil into the airway(37).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipe http://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(36) Identifying core herbal treatments for children with asthma: implication from a chinese herbal medicine database in Taiwan by Chen HY1, Lin YH, Thien PF, Chang SC, Chen YC, Lo SS, Yang SH, Chen JL.(PubMed)
(37) The effects of Ma-Xing-Gan-Shi-Tang on respiratory resistance and airway leukocyte infiltration in asthmatic guinea pigs by Kao ST1, Yeh TJ, Hsieh CC, Shiau HB, Yeh FT, Lin JG.
Taken altogether, herbal medicine list above may be effective in prevention and treatment of asthma disorder, through reduction of air way inflammation via inhibition of histamine released from chemically- and immunologically-induced cells, etc. Some researchers suggested that large sample size and muticenter studies are necessary with identification of the active principle in order to improve the validation of the clinical trial. As always, all articles written by Kyle J. Norton are for information & education only, please consult your Doctor & Related field specialist before applying.
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne