Posted by Chantel Martiromo
Epidemically, increased incidence and prevalence of overweight and obesity over 3 decades in the develop world now has spread to South East Asian population, due to over 20 years of economic prosperity causes of lifestyle changes in populations with very different initial habits. Suggestions of reduced fat intake less than 30% of total calories with a low proportion of saturated fat with high in fiber from predominantly low-glycaemic-index-carbohydrate foods is recommended. Calorie intake should be distributed between several meals per day with restricted intake of snacks and drinks(1)(2).
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is defined as endocrinologic diseases caused by undeveloped follicles clumping on the ovaries interfered with the function of the normal ovaries, resulting in enlarged ovaries, hormone imbalance( excessive androgen), male pattern hair development, acne, irregular period or absence of period, weight gain and infertility. The syndrome effects over 5% of women population.
Spearmint tea is a species of Mint belonging to the Lamiaceae, native to Europe and southwest Asia. The herb has been used in folk medicine for treatment of stomach ache.
Spearmint tea inhibited the production of the levels or activity of androgen hormones in the human body may be considered as a natural agent for PCOs.(10). In Hirsutism polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), drinking spearmint teatwice a day for a 1 month period, showed the significantly reduce total testosterone levels, due to the inhibition of androgen properties(11). In other study of polycystic ovary syndrome and idiopathic hirsutism, steep Spearmint tea for 5 days twice a day in the follicular phase of their menstrual cycles significant decreased in free testosterone and increased in luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol(12).
Chinese Secrets to Fatty Liver and Obesity Reversal
A fabulous E book with Research based & Scientifically proven Efficacy To Treat Fatty Liver Diseases & Achieve Optimal Health & Loose Weight
10 - 20 years younger of your ageing forearms
The ingredient through clinical trial showed effectively in rejuvenated
90% aging forearms of age group 57 - 62.
Back to Tofu and 800+ healthy recipehttp://thetruestoriesstories.blogspot.ca/p/soy-recipes.html
(1) Diet and nutrition in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): pointers for nutritional management by Farshchi H, Rane A, Love A, Kennedy RL(PubMed)
(2) The optimal diet for women with polycystic ovary syndrome? by Marsh K, Brand-Miller J.(PubMed)(9)Effects of chamomile extract on biochemical and clinical parameters in a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome by Farideh ZZ, Bagher M, Ashraf A, Akram A, Kazem M.(PubMed)
(10) An update on plant derived anti-androgens. by Grant P, Ramasamy S.(PubMed)
(11) Spearmint herbal tea has significant anti-androgen effects in polycystic ovarian syndrome. A randomized controlled trial by Grant P.(PubMed)
(12) Effect of spearmint (Mentha spicata Labiatae) teas on androgen levels in women with hirsutism. by Akdoğan M, Tamer MN, Cüre E, Cüre MC, Köroğlu BK, Delibaş N.(PubMed)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Over 1200 Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne