Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are a group of chronic conditions involved blood vessels or heart.
Depending on the location that has been affected, CVD can be classified to 6 main types including
* Ischemic heart disease, the most form of cardiovascular disease in the Western world caused by partial blockage of blood flow in the arteries, leading to reduced oxygenate blood circulation to the heart muscle.
* Strokes is caused by the reduced circulation of blood in the blood vessels of the brain due to blockage or breaking capillaries.
* Congenital heart disease a condition caused the defected structure of the heart arising because of a birth defect.
There are many factors associated with risk CVD. Epidemiologically, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, smoking, medical conditions such as diabetes, obesity, physical inactivity, family history and women with PCOs are some CVD prevalent risks.
The more factors you have, your risk of CVD is higher compared to those with less.
Out of the aforementioned risk factors, some researchers in the examination of the risk of atherosclerosis increased at the alarming rate over the past few decades suggested that CVD may be correlated to the promotion of high-fat diet in the same period.
Dr. Frank M. Sacks said, ",...randomized controlled trials that lowered intake of dietary saturated fat and replaced it with polyunsaturated vegetable oil reduced CVD by ≈30%, similar to the reduction achieved by statin treatment".
And, "Prospective observational studies in many populations showed that lower intake of saturated fat coupled with higher intake of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat is associated with lower rates of CVD and of other major causes of death and all-cause mortality".
In other words, long-term high fat diet has a strong implication in elevated the onset of CVD.
Alliin (S-allyl-L-cysteine-S-oxide) is a phytochemical compound sulfoxide,. a derivative of the amino acid cysteine, belonging to the class of sulfur compounds, found abundantly in fresh garlic and onion.
With an aim to find natural cardioprotective ingredient researchers examined the effects of short-term treatment with two doses of CPSSA on cardiovascular risk factors associated with the metabolic syndrome, in comparison to the effects of allicin and captopril separately.
Allicin (8 mg/(kg day)) protected the heary function by significantly reduced insulin, triglycerides, and homocysteine concentrations and blood pressure compared to Captopril (50mg/(kg day)) improvement only on blood pressure and homocysteine.
Allylmercaptocaptopril (CPSSA), a new stable synthetic compound produced by chemical reaction between allicin and the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor captopril with low dose (5mg/(kg day)) lowered SBP but did not improve any other measured parameter, while treatment with a higher dose (50mg/(kg day)) significantly decreased blood pressure, triglycerides, and homocysteine concentrations.
In other words, allicin and captopril protect the heart synergetically by inhibited the conditions associated with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Based on the findings, Dr. the lead scientist wrote," the combined molecule CPSSA integrates the anti-hypertensive, lipid-lowering, and homocysteine-reducing effects of both allicin and captopril, making it a potential cardiovascular protective agent.".
Taken altogether, alliin used alone or combined with other herbal medicines may be considered supplements for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Intake of alliin in the form of supplement should be taken with extreme care to prevent overdose acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) The effects of S-allylmercaptocaptopril, the synthetic product of allicin and captopril, on cardiovascular risk factors associated with the metabolic syndrome by Oron-Herman M1, Rosenthal T, Mirelman D, Miron T, Rabinkov A, Wilchek M, Sela BA. (PubMed)
(2) Garlic extracts prevent oxidative stress, hypertrophy and apoptosis in cardiomyocytes: a role for nitric oxide and hydrogen sulfide by Louis XL1, Murphy R, Thandapilly SJ, Yu L, Netticadan T. (PubMed)
(3) Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association by Frank M. Sacks, Alice H. Lichtenstein, Jason H.Y. Wu, Lawrence J. Appel, Mark A. Creager, Penny M. Kris-Etherton, Michael Miller, Eric B. Rimm, Lawrence L. Rudel , Jennifer G. Robinson. (Circulation)
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne