- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Rinse the turkey inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Rub olive oil and salt all over the bird. Place the apple pieces inside of the cavity. Place the turkey breast side down in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 3 hours in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and carefully turn the bird so the breast side is facing up. Return to the oven and cook until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh has reached 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Allow the turkey to rest for about 30 minutes before carving.