Posted by Chantel M. recipe contributed by the ice cream maker (Source)
This recipe boosts the flavor of firm-fleshed fruit by roasting them first. We use peaches here, but you could try the same technique with apricots, nectarines or plums.
4 C peaches, washed, pitted and cut in pieces
1 Tbs oil
1 C soy milk
½ C Demerara sugar (light brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp Bourbon or rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Spread the peaches evenly in a shallow pan and drizzle them with the oil, then mix so pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread in single layer and roast in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the soy milk and sugar until melted.
- Add peaches to soy milk and allow to cool.
- Once cool, blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth, or, if you prefer small pieces of fruit in your ice cream, until only small pieces remain.
- Mix in vanilla and Bourbon.
- Pour into ice cream maker.