Posted by Chantel M. Contributed by US national library of medicine, National Institute of health
In the study of "Genistein-induced neuronal apoptosis and G2/M cell cycle arrest is associated with MDC1 up-regulation and PLK1 down-regulation" by Ismail IA, Kang KS, Lee HA, Kim JW, Sohn YK., posted in US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, researchers wrote that Genistein also increased the phosphorylation of Chk2 and Cdc25C at Thr-68 and Ser-216, respectively. In addition, consistently with PLK1 down-regulation, the phosphorylation of Cdc25C at Ser-198 was markedly decreased after genistein treatment. Additionally, Chk2, Cdc25C, Cyclin B1, p-Cyclin B1 (Ser-147), and Cdc2 as well as Bcl-2 proteins were down-regulated after genistein treatment. Altogether, these results suggest for the first time the involvement of MDC1 up-regulation after genistein treatment in DNA damage-induced Chk2 activation- and PLK1 down-regulation-mediated apoptosis and cell cycle checkpoint pathways.
- The Article and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCO)'s research
- Organic Green Tea
- Women Health (1) Articles
- The Women Health Curable Smoothie back by Respecta...
- Phytoestrogen Research
- Tofu and Healthy Foods (Over 1000) Recipes)
- Women's Health Research Articles
- Experts Health and Research Articles That Cover Foods and Herbal Medicne