- 50 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 300 g glass vermicelli or 'dongfen'
- 1 stalk fresh coriander, chopped coarsely
- 8 mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 5 basil leaves, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp fish sauce,
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the following into long strands
- 200 g fresh tofu,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 cucumber,
- 20 g young ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 fresh red chili
- 4 tbsp lime juice
Soak the transparent vermicelli with lukewarm water for about 5 minutes, or till breakable when pulled.
Combine all ingredients, except tofu, and stir carefully.
Add in tofu last and mix carefully, not to break it too much.
Chill for 1 hour.