Posted by Chantel M. recipe contributed by my recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk (10 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- Pastry for a single-crust 9-inch pie, purchased (thawed if frozen) or homemade
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add pumpkin, soy milk, and eggs; whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into unbaked pastry in pan.
- 2. Set pie on bottom rack of a 425° regular or convection oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°; continue baking until center of pie is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer.
- 3. Set pie on a rack until cool, at least 2 hours. After serving, chill pie airtight.